True Earth South - not installed correctly ?

Really getting stuck into the ORBX True Earth products i purchased recently and have been testing out certain areas. Just took off from my home town Airport EGSH and flew south towards my house as i wanted to see how accurate the product is. Unless my installation or settings are not correct, i am disappointed with what i am seeing.

I was expecting to see accurate satellite /aerial imagery along long the lines of Google Earth/Maps but my initial observations are much less than what i was expecting.

I have attached a couple of screenshots - one is from the sim - the aircraft nose is pointing directly at my house (which is not a 2 story multi-windowed property as shown in TRUE EARTH but is in fact a bungalow). The other screen shot is taken from Google which shows the correct satellite imagery. My bungalow is next to the main Norwich-London railway line as you can see on Google but the railway line isn't even shown on TRUE EARTH - there is just a green road where the railway line should be. There are also buildings dotted around the area that aren't there in real life.

Am i expecting too much ? - the product info says it is based on satellite imagery but there are buildings that don't exist in real life and the absence of clearly defined roads and railway lines is disappointing.

I have the setting in Prepar3d as per the user guide so maybe something went wrong with the installation ?

Capture.JPG

2020-1-26_20-52-20-122.jpg

Hello,

it's hard to tell with your aircraft obscuring most of the screen shot.

I see the solar panels under your right wing but you seem to be too far zoomed in to see any of the housing.

The railway is a little greener but is looks like it is there under the fuselage.

The product is indeed photographic but has had to be processed for colour correction.

Archived