BUG REPORT - Canary Wharf at night no lighting

alpaisley

I have Orbx TE South and Orbx EGLC. When I fly around London at night there are building lights all over London and around the O2 and EGLC area but the buildings at CanaryWharf are not lit.

I have used xOrganiser to disable EGLC and any other meshes and adding but it still doesn't help.

That is a well documented finding. Unfortunately the developer has stated that it would require a complete remodelling of that area in order for  Canary Wharf to be lit to the correct standard. This issue is also seen in Manchester. There are currently no plans to update although JV did say that TEGB addons will get the new True Colour treatment and it maybe an opportunity to rectify the Canary Wharf issue. TEGB South was the very first TE addon and is now probably the least optimised in comparison to subsequent TE releases.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT - Canary Wharf at night no lighting
  • 6 months later...
On 1/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, Jon Clarke said:

That is a well documented finding. Unfortunately the developer has stated that it would require a complete remodelling of that area in order for  Canary Wharf to be lit to the correct standard. This issue is also seen in Manchester. There are currently no plans to update although JV did say that TEGB addons will get the new True Colour treatment and it maybe an opportunity to rectify the Canary Wharf issue. TEGB South was the very first TE addon and is now probably the least optimised in comparison to subsequent TE releases.

Thanks.  It is just funny how Canary wharf in TE GB has no night lights at all , and the same in MSFS2020 London landmarks is over-lit so brightly, requiring a tone down in a patch. It seems that the team who did the TE GB series is completely different from the MSFS ad-on team. This is unfortunate , because many of the landmarks in the MS products are not in the TE scenery. Hope for this to be rectified in future patch/update. 

Archived