3d grass through True Earth aprons and taxiways

Hello.  ORBX TRUE EARTH - P3D V4.5.

I notice at minor airfields , EGCK  particularly, that grass clumps show grow through Aprons and taxiways.

I have been adjusting EGCK to a more realistic level . During this I find that large clumps show through my new aprons as well.

It seems that the scenery for this resides in the         FTX_GBC_ EGCK_objects. bgl              within the scenery folder, as it must do for all airfields. 

This means it cant be changed or "excluded" (as far as I know or am able).

Can anything be done about this has it has implications for any updating of airfields in the future?!.

As I say the clumps of grass already show through "vanilla" ORBX.

GRASS.jpg

Hi!

The airfields have been added as a free goodie ported over from the previously existing ENG, WLS and SCO regions (that's why we don't even advertise them on the product pages).

At the moment there are no plans to update them any further.

I'm a bit surprised that no one has noticed those patches of grass in almost 10 years before. :)

Bests,

Sascha

Hello capablanca,

the airport in your shot is most certainly not by Orbx.

This is the airport included in TEGB Central:

2020-1-14_11-9-50-626.jpg

You should therefore first remove all of the Orbx addon airport, before adding a second addon airport at the same location.

Search the ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBC_05_SCENERY\scenery folder

for EGCK and remove the three files that will be found.

You will need to do this for any other airports where you decide to add another developer's version.

All of the TEGB airports are to be found in the 05_SCENERY\scenery folders for each part.

Helpful hint: if you wish to illustrate a perceived problem that is outside the aircraft, a screen shot of the spot view is generally

more helpful than one of the virtual cockpit.

Thank you guys for your prompt replies,

Firstly in reply to  Sascha , the patches of grass do not occur  in Orbx region of wales only true earth.  I understand that there would be no plans to take on this amount of work to upgrade in the future but I wondered if there was any solution or change that could be made to allow removal of the grass effect from an area that looks so unreal. Exclusion rectangles usually work, but in this case because the grass is contained in the EGCK objects file they cannnot be removed unless the whole “objects” file is removed and that removes all the buildings as well. (Or so it seems)

To Nick,  sorry for confusion, the airport is Orbx true earth but only with an apron and coastguard building added by me.  In your shot also you can see the clumps of grass referred to, by the helicopter.

Hello,

the difference seems to be that you have added the apron where in the Orbx version, there is a grassed area,

thereby creating your own problem.

Presumably, you could also add an exclusion to that area to stop the grass from showing through what you have added.

We don't offer support as a rule for customers' modifications to Orbx products.

thank You Nick,

I hoped that there was some way to stop the grass coming through aprons and taxiways (exclusions don’t work).As I stated in my original post , It occurs in the Orbx scenery without modification as can be seen in your screenshot.

its a shame it seems “ hard coded” in the objects.bgl file.

no joy swapping files as egck in region has no buildings etc.

thanks for your time.

Hello,

it would be perfectly possible to remove the grass and recompile the Orbx airport version,

however that is something that you would have to do yourself and for your own use only.

This is an extract from the EULA and why we do not support such efforts in these forums.

(e) not to disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the

whole or any part of the Software Product nor attempt to do any such thing; 

Archived