TrueEarth GB North error

Bagpipe

Sorry about your problem. This is not a BUG ( @Nick Cooper please move this to the XP support section)

What the error message is indicating is a lack of Disk space to complete the conversion of jpg to dds format images. 

The Product information page on Orbx Direct shows you the amount of disk space required so you need to ensure you meet those requirements on the disk you download onto and, if a different disk, the disk you install onto. So for TEGB North you will need at an absolute minimum around 55GB spare room on your download disk and at a minimum around 160GB space on the disk you are installing onto.

Open your TEGB North /Orthos/texture folder and in the search box therein, enter .jpg (dot jpg). If you get a positive result showing you have jpg files then you have not completed the conversion process.

Let me know your disk space details and the results of your search for jpg files.

Attached images show .jpg still in folder after running verify files and compelting full verification.

Still have 26.1 GB on C: drive where it is installed, it did get a little tight during install so took a couple of runs. (The website was a little unclear when purchasing as only said the amount required for install and not that it would also need the download files ON TOP of all that disk space stated. It was only after checking support pages after initial install went pear shaped that i discovered what you have mentioned above. This needs to be clearer on purchase page IMO)

TE GB North folder is reading at 141 GB right now. What do you suggest i do now?

Thank you

Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.14 - 18.37.36.49.png

@Bagpipe  I attach a batch file for you to place into the TEGB North /orthos/texture folder. Place it in there and click on it. It should then run very briefly in DOS until you see a second reading that ends in "click any key to continue"

Click any key and let it run its course. If there is enough room it will convert the jpgs. Be aware that a dds format image convert is twice the size of a jpg. You may well struggle to get this installed. Do you have no other disk or any unused files you could remove from the disk you are installing onto?

Convert.cmd

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the replies, file didn't work unfortunately, couldn't find a file.

Anyway, got myself a freeware converter and just converted the remaining JPG to DDS and will verify and convert any which turn up again incase i missed any.

Reckon that will sort it out if that is the case?

Still got 25GB so just over 10% of the M.2 drive. Do have more space on F drive but its an old disk drive so not keen on running ortho from it as a bit slow.

Once i get the "Big Hard drive update of 2020" as i am calling it, i will be back for more Orbx i reckon.

Wasn't keen before but having tried it i do see the benefit it brings which is massive to be fair. Will need to give TE Hereford a try next ;)

Thanks again

Archived