Cannot Synchronise - Orbx Central P3D V4

Hello Orbx Team,

Wonder if you can help me out after recently downloading and using Orbx Central V3?

I cannot Synch the Simulator and keep receiving an Error Message "An error occurred while trying to synchronise your simulator". I  addition TE Central GB does not appear to be a s detailed as it could be looking at other screen shots.

A copy of the Central log is included in the post.

Thanks

central.log (Jan 2020).txt

Hello Orbx Team,

Wonder if you can help me out, after recently downloading and using Orbx Central V3?

I cannot Synch the Simulator and keep receiving an Error Message "An error occurred while trying to synchronise your simulator". I  addition TE Central GB does not appear to be a s detailed as it could be looking at other screen shots.

I have placed all of my TE scenery away from the simulator root drive as the SSD was running short of space.

A copy of the Central log is included in the post.

Thanks

central.log (Jan 2020).txt

Hello,

My problem is similar to Cpt Blackadder- cannot sync the simulator

What is the insertion point tool please Nick . Will the action you suggest cure problems I also have with True Earth Great Britain Central ?

I have airport elevation problems at  included default Orbx airports ( Eg EGNT ) and also some objects appear not to have loaded (for example there is a  default ferry on the Tyne and some bridges missing.) I have updated and verified the relevant  files.  

I  have TEGB South version 2 installed with no problems . South and North are both in my main library.   ( P3D v4 and windows 7)

Help! Thanks

Chris. EGNX

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I have to admit that I am a little lost when you talk about loading a fresh config file and running scenery layering as I have been away from the community for a while.

Is there a help guide you can point me towards to try the initial suggestions?

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi Chris,

I have similar issues with TE Central and EGNT, regarding the elevation and detail in the scenery, even after updating and verifying the files as you have done.

This has the feel of a config error or similar file management issue and I think Nick may well be on the right track with this, however in my case I need a hand with a help guide or similar so that I can work though Nick's suggestions, which have worked for him.

Thanks 

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that. Yes I need a bit more guidance too but I will keep trying. A help guide would be useful.

Incidentally, as you probably know elevation problems can ( in my experience) sometimes be sorted by altering the position of layers in the P3d scenery library. However LM seem to have a new method now and my recent additions to the scenery library , including Orbx, are greyed out and cannot be repositioned. Something else I don't fully understand . More research needed !

Chris 

Chris/Nick,

An update on the reported issues.

I have managed to synchronise the sim by selecting "Legacy Layering" and having the "Regions & Airports" below the top scenery layer and "Global Open LC" below the Regions and Airports. I did have to select the Legacy Layering twice and pre-selection reboot of the simulator before the Synchronisation took place, this is what threw the initial curve ball at me I believe (only carrying it out once from the initial scenery add on operation).

With having TE GB all regions, I have also disabled (after reading other forum posts) the corresponding EU Eng/Scot/Wales FTX scenery in the P3DV4 simulator "Add On" Tab also in an attempt to mitigate object conflicts and it seems to have worked?

I will get back to you if there are any more apparent fixes or glitches along the way.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Thank you Nick and Mark.

Elevation problems solved.  Although the insertion point for Airports and regions and for Global open LC were,. I  believe, set correctly (Top of scenery library and below Airports and Regions respectively) experiments showed that any attempt to change these resulted in the  ' unable to synchronise ' error message. It was only when I selected Legacy  layering and rebooted that everything corrected itself.

Although I now have nice ships ( like at Southampton) on, for example the Mersey, I still have the default ferry on the Tyne and some bridges missing. I assume this is correct ? Everything seems to have loaded okay. Hopefully these features can be improved/included in due course.

Incidentally Nick, frame rates in True Earth GB South Mk 2 are so much better. Thanks ORBX !

Thanks again,

Chris EGNX

Archived