Terrain Texture Issues - YBBN Australia V2 ( Roads )

Davo79

Hi,

Was wondering whether anyone has experienced this before and might be able to provide me a fix.

After a fresh new installation of P3Dv4.5 Hot Fix 2 with Orbx Central installed, Im slowly loading in new orbx regions. Started with Global, Vector, Australia V2, then added airports. Cairns, Brisbane.

All good with install so far. Loaded onto a brand new SSD.

Puzzled now why this may be happening. Does anyone know how I can fix this little issue I'm having with cars travelling around on dirt roads and roads/highways not looking correct.

Have studied the YBBN Manual and set scenery settings as preferred. Have also checked to ensure Australia V2 is selected in control panel and it is. The rest of the airport looks fine. Just the outside airport road network

Interested in some help if anyone can assist me please.

Regards

Dave

IMG_5673.JPG

IMG_5676.JPG

I see this from time to time.  It can be related to OZx files that have traffic going over the original FSX scenery roads, it can be also traffic that was in older versions of AU scenery or the original FSX traffic.  'm noot sure what the solution is, because it's extremely hard to track down all road traffic pathways in all scenery options.

What you can do maybe is save a flight where you see this rogue traffic, disable all addon scenery  including OZx, and also disable AU V2 so you just have the original FSX or P3D scenery and see if the traffic is there.  If not, try just AU V2 to see if it is in there.  If not see if OZx or any other addon scenery is the culprit.

Further to the above reply, I think that the geodata used to create much of the scenery for AU V2 sets current day roads whereas the imagery for YBBN is a few years old.  So the automatic assigning of road data in the new AU V2 would be correct if the photoreal from older scenery was not present.

I see the same thing in Canberra, the new Majura Parkway is north of the airport and the traffic flows along its corridor even though the photoreal Canberra Cityscape shows paddocks.

I hope the developers will note this thread and see if its an easy fix.

Thanks John

Hope it’s a easy fix. 

As I installed fresh onto a new ssd so no old files left over, installed fresh windows 10, then installed fresh new P3DV4.5 4.5 then new orbx central installed followed by Global, Vector, AUV2 followed by Cairns Airport then Brisbane I also carried out the normal elevation configuration through vector everytime a new scenery was created, 
So no traces of FSX or Ozx scenery was installed prior. 

Archived