ORBX White Sands Has No Sand

Transaction ID: 583b1815484e5

It seems you put White Sands in your North American scenery without the sand.

I'm from southern New Mexico not far from this stunning terrain of our beautiful Land Of Enchantment and White Sands is one of our most beautiful examples.

White_sands_panorama_2009.jpg\

It showing up as just a patch of green in the desert when it should be shown as gleaming white sand dunes even from a long distance (see attached screenshot).

In real life, you can even see the snow white gypsum sand from outer space:

whitesands_ali_2009178_lrg.jpg

The entire area was once a huge lake named Lake Otero that evaporated and all that's left is the sand and a much smaller lake named Lake Lucero (https://www.nps.gov/whsa/learn/nature/lake-lucero.htm )  It only has water a few weeks out of the year after a heavy rain so it shouldn't show up on your terrain as a blue water lake.

Please fix this in your next update if you can.

Good Luck with the wildfires. Hope you guys are all OK. :)

white_sands_sans_sand.jpg

This might end up as a service pack item but as a rule the Landclass scenery is based on geodata which assigns textures based on geographical information in public databases.  (As I understand it).  So if it's classed as a lake that's what you will get.

With True Earth products being developed I suspect features such as this will appear in the TE sceneries when they are developed.

Looking at the terrain I suspect it would be a simple matter for a freeware person to knock up the dry lake as a photoreal and drop it onto the flat plain, maybe post at one of the freeware scenery forums and see if anyone would like to take it on?

Archived