missing roads again

Jason

Hello,

I have turned FTX mode off and on again a few times, I have added ALL hotfixes, in numerical order, I have even played around with teh scenery priority list, but ALL of my major roads are not displaying. i see blurry minor roads, but none of the major highways and stuff.

I have FSX SP1 & SP2 installed, FTX blue and VSX 1.0 with holgers mesh installed. I have no design tools or any other add on sceneries installed at all

I am on intel core 2 duo E4500, 2 gig ram, nvidia 8600GT gpu

Posted Image

any help please?

It looks like you could have a severe case of the blurries, where system memory is to dedicated to loading everything else but the ground textures. Try pausing and waiting five minutes, if the ground textures (roads) load up after that then your settings are too high - turn them down abit and they should load faster. :)

Edit - Actually, I just realised you have VSX installed - its most likely the cause of your problems as it clashes with FTX, the reason why its now discontinued. Uninstall it and everything should be fine.

thak you will do, i was under the impression that VSX was made to intergrate into FTX, never mind, its only a few racetracks that i will not see.

I've found that using the VSX racecourses on their own works well in FTX.

Ok, so i have had no luck at all with the roads, i have spent over 2 hours going through a hundred or more settings variances, FTX on and off toyed with teh nvidia control panel to overried FSX settings, and i just cant get the roads to show, I have a completely fresh install of FSX and FTX with ALL hotfixes installed and activated 1 at a time in numerical order.

I get the feeling these roads are a little teething problem, as there are many threads regarding them, i am absolutely awestruck by FTX, i just need this jewel in the crown.

ANY help is greatly appreciated

G'day Jason. From the look of your pic in the first post you have a problem with all of the textures, ground and roads, suffering from a severe case of the blurries. I take it you've done all of the tweaks recommended in the user guide? Do you get crisp ground textures in locations far away from a major city? Do you see the roads then?

Another thing that could be a course of this is the position and sequence of the folders in the scenery.cfg, I have attached a screenie as in wich order the folders should be and where namely at the top of the list ! disregard the entries with 25, 26 28 as you can't have those as they are for the upcoming Gold release also AA_YMAV is something different.

so your order should be:

FTXAA_FREEWARE

FTXAU05_ROADS

FTXAU45_SCENERY

FTXAU46_SHORES

FTXAU48_CUSTOM

make sure that the file structure in your scenery control panel looks like this

Also the Hotfixes are a must have for the proper functioning of the scenery

Also I have attached my fsX.cfg file so you can compare wich items you have maybe set differently ;)

And last but not least, after you have made all the adaptations and changes, fire up fsX, let it rebuild it's Dbase and then shut it down and DEFRAG the whole thing, fsX is very sensitive to fragmented files !

post-154-130203882853_thumb.jpg

i am normally a dilligent defragger, but now i think about it, i have not done so since trying all these differing setups and re installations, will do that now, ill let you know, and yes i get crisp textures, have not tried away from the major city, will do that right now

I have the scenery set up exactly the same as your screenshot, and i will compare your CFG 2moz,

MODIFIED: ok dunno what the go is, i started at Ballarat and had roads, so i then jumped airports to Essendon and got this, i am going to chalk this up as random, perhaps i need to start my flights in rural areas then spawn to the smog

Posted Image

Wolter... I have been following this post closely as I have similar road texture problems.Could you let me know where the FTXAA_ Holgermesh file should slot into the file structure of the scenery library.

Wolter... I have been following this post closely as I have similar road texture problems.Could you let me know where the FTXAA_ Holgermesh file should slot into the file structure of the scenery library.

Hi Demaz,

You can set the Holger mesh directly underneat the FTXfolders

Jason,

I see in your screenshot the "overspeed" tag, maybe try and use a slow plane and see what that brings, bluntly said, don't expect getting all crisp and clear images running at 400+ KIAS at 200ft ;)

Jason,

I see in your screenshot the "overspeed" tag, maybe try and use a slow plane and see what that brings, bluntly said, don't expect getting all crisp and clear images running at 400+ KIAS at 200ft ;)

Hi, yes, i was overspeed as i am in ultralight and went up high to view around, realised i had roads dived down super fast, ( i am only testing :) ) and then hit pause at the point i wanted to take a screenshot. also note that i dont run FSX on as high settings as depicted in the screenshot, i saw i had roads in Ballarat, upped the ante a bit to see if it is overload/draw problems, and they appeared again on higher, then i went to the smog and they were there.

Nice observation though :)

Archived