TE Oregon and Washington strange textures

PCEM

Dear Sirs,

I have just installed TE Washington and TE Oregon HD. I decide to do an experimental flight over Friday Harbor in WA and found the quality of the textures not good and bit "bluried". I believe I did something wrong during installation.

Please find below some pictures I did and my Scenery Pack.INI file.

Would you please let me know if this is normal, or if I did something wrong during installation?

Thank you 

Plinio

CirrusSF50 - 2019-12-27 23.01.44.jpg

CirrusSF50 - 2019-12-23 18.55.24.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

The pics look OK to me but I don't know what your XP graphics settings are, nor your PC specs or monitor resolution. The HD version is at ZL17 and is best viewed from around 1000ft upwards. The settings that will mostly improve your visual display are the Texture Quality in XP and screen resolution o your monitor.

Your scenery_packs.ini  is rearranged by me for you, but the rearranging will not have any impact on your visual display. It is to change some of the layering sequences of your sceneries, scenery enhancements and libraries.

You need to delete the folder SCENERY_PACK C:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/ which is a duplicate file on your C drive because you already have that file installed on your XP drive:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/

Also for your information there is also a complete World Lights addon based on the Lights mod you have installed which does not require all those individual entries in your scenery packs ini:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/53531-extended-night-lighting-options-for-the-world/

scenery_packs.ini

Hi Jon thank you for your quick response and tips. 

Glad to know that this is how it looks like. fo ryour info my specs are the following?

CPU I7 4790 K Oc at 4.6 GHz

GPU GTX 1080 TI

24 Mb of RAM

my settngs are in the below screen (resolution is 2560x1440)

image.thumb.png.25bd82cfec4d0e6df61e9196aab1bf0d.png

Everything is ok, and thank you fro rearanging my scenery INI and teh tips on the lights.

Cheers and happy new year!!

Plinio

john, let me only make another quick question:

what is the Xvision preset Ian Emms uses in his pictures? In case you guys are using more than one Xvision preset, I will appreciate if you can also let me know what you are using,  so I can see what better suits me.

Thank you and sorry to bother you again.

Cheers from Rio de Janeiro,

Plinio

Archived