Can My Computer handle the Specs for TEWASH?

isfun2fly

I've been attempting to find a difinitive answer as to whether my computer specs are adequate to have an enjoyable experience using TEWashington SD or HD.  I purchased a new Video Card (a GTX 1660 ti 6GB and I have an i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00 GHz.  Is this good enough for the SD version (my graphics card has less than 8 GB).  Will I essentially be watching a slow slide show with these specs?  Is the HD version even thinkable or is it "out of my league" so to speak?  Thanks for any advice.  Scott 

6 hours ago, sfreeby41163 said:

I've been attempting to find a difinitive answer as to whether my computer specs are adequate to have an enjoyable experience using TEWashington SD or HD.  I purchased a new Video Card (a GTX 1660 ti 6GB and I have an i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00 GHz.  Is this good enough for the SD version (my graphics card has less than 8 GB).  Will I essentially be watching a slow slide show with these specs?  Is the HD version even thinkable or is it "out of my league" so to speak?  Thanks for any advice.  Scott 

I think that the SD version would work OK with your PC specs. The main point is what XP settings you adopt. To get the full benefit of any TE addon you need the World Objects set to maximum, and that setting is relevant to the CPU. The way to best adapt your settings is on the graphics side which in your case is the weaker of the 2 main units of CPU & GPU. Lowering the Texture Quality to a max of High will make a big difference in many instances. On the GPU side, tun Reflections to lowest setting. Disable Parked Airplanes etc. 

Archived