Worldtraffic3 ground routes

Stev1

Hi, just wanted to enquire about WT3 ground routes and thus AI traffic at Orbx airports. I have seen some activity at Southampton which it states is available on the product website but for LOWI and EGNX I can't seem to get any traffic whether I have static planes on or off. Can Orbx confirm whether ground routes are available for their xplane products and if not is there another way to obtain ground routes as I have looked on Internet for these airports by Orbx but can't find any. For immersion we really need to have AI traffic,

thanks, Steve

In general I am told that WT3 ground routes are incorporated in the airports that have airline traffic, not GA or military.

There is a whole section of traffic routes for WT3 at this link:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/category/159-world-traffic-ground-routes/

I am unsure about total accuracy, but I used  this link to download any missing routes. Considering that airport ground/taxi/traffic routes will vary very little at airports regardless of the developer, they should be valid.

Thanks for the reply Jon. I had already tried that link and there are no files for the 2 airports especially EGNX. WT3 comes up with a warning at EGNX that no ground routes are active for this airport which I haven't seen anywhere else but presume nothing has been written in WED for it? Any other suggestions? Has anyone got traffic working at EGNX? Thanks

I too see no specific mention of WT3 integration in LOWI or EGNX, and will ask the devs. Doesn't WT3 generate ground routes where none are readily available? I've not used WT3 for a while now as I use Traffic Global which seems to have traffic at every airport. I also use Live Traffic.

I have found that many airports are not ready to work with WT3.  What I have had to is edit virtually all airports I plan to arrive and depart from just to make sure the ground routes are done properly along with many of the parking spots. The one big draw back to WT3.   Interesting to see how few people creating airports (free or not) do not understand how to create a complete airport.    However, once WT3 is working, there is nothing better out there.  

I actually found a temporary way to get the ground routes and AI to work with EGNX.

1) Uninstall EGNX, and then load up XP11 to the default airport.

2) I ran WT3 for the flights and ground routes and shut down XP11 after it had loaded the AI aircraft.

3) Installed ORBX EGNX again and when I loaded up the flight and ran the WT3 stuff everything seemed to work fine.

Not sure why running the default airport first for WT3 worked but it seems to have carried the info over to the ORBX version once its reinstalled.

1 hour ago, Speedbird85 said:

I actually found a temporary way to get the ground routes and AI to work with EGNX.

1) Uninstall EGNX, and then load up XP11 to the default airport.

2) I ran WT3 for the flights and ground routes and shut down XP11 after it had loaded the AI aircraft.

3) Installed ORBX EGNX again and when I loaded up the flight and ran the WT3 stuff everything seemed to work fine.

Not sure why running the default airport first for WT3 worked but it seems to have carried the info over to the ORBX version once its reinstalled.

Thanks for that info and glad it now works for you.

After reading this post and searching all over the place for a fix with no luck I tried my solution.

Luck find I guess but mostly because I had no idea how to use WED and was too lazy to try......lol

Hopefully it will work for others until ORBX updates the airport .

@Speedbird85great thinking, thank you for sharing!

Desperate for traffic at the lovely EGNX I actually tried this technique myself last night and it worked well! :)

I discussed with @Nick Cooper  overnight and as I believe as these files are generated by WT3 itself, I should be OK to share the attached files for the rest of the users so they don't need to uninstall EGNX and generate the files themselves.  This technique should also work well for other airports missing the needed files to create WT3 traffic.

I can't guarantee that the right carriers are parked in the correct locations, but the parked aircraft seem to look at least semi-prototypical and this will hopefully enhance the enjoyment of EGNX for us WT3 users - just remember to toggle the static aircraft off in Orbx Central.

See attachment for files and installation instructions.

Thanks,

Steve

EGNX WT3 Traffic.jpg

EGNX WT3 Files.rar

Archived