ORBX Global Trees work in Regions?

cvearl

Hi all!

In the product Description "Global Trees HD is a complete overhaul of your sim's autogen tree textures".

I have all the NA regions installed in P3Dv4. Will these trees show up in there? Or are they only for GLobal? I wonder that because they are listed under Global in ORBX Central.

Charles.

Hi guys,

Let me correct any misunderstanding of what Trees HD does:  this product is a texture replacement for the textures used with default trees. When it is installed, wherever you see default trees you will now see them greatly improved. The models themselves including the material properties are unchanged.  Default trees (eg Douglas firs, cottonwoods, etc.) are heavily used in regions and airports.  Some Orbx products also include custom vegetation which uses its own textures and those models are not affected. It's important to note that P3D v4 offers two options; 'Dynamic vegetation which uses 'Speed Trees' or the conventional models. With Dynamic vegetation checked you will not see the trees as Orbx designed them. There are many posts on the Orbx forums regarding Speed Trees if you want to learn more.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Larry_R said:

Hi guys,

Let me correct any misunderstanding of what Trees HD does:  this product is a texture replacement for the textures used with default trees. When it is installed, wherever you see default trees you will now see them greatly improved. The models themselves including the material properties are unchanged.  Default trees (eg Douglas firs, cottonwoods, etc.) are heavily used in regions and airports.  Some Orbx products also include custom vegetation which uses its own textures and those models are not affected. It's important to note that P3D v4 offers two options; 'Dynamic vegetation which uses 'Speed Trees' or the conventional models. With Dynamic vegetation checked you will not see the trees as Orbx designed them. There are many posts on the Orbx forums regarding Speed Trees if you want to learn more.

Cheers,

This is Crystal Clear and now I understand the setting in P3D.

I have disabled Dynamic Veggies in P3D and installed ORBX Global Trees. 

I also have quickly skimmed SPEED TREES in the forums and seems there is some performance hit with SPEED TREES anway so this was likely the best thing to do. Perhaps to best preserve ORBX's original Region look and feel while saving perhaps a few FPS here and there on higher density settings.

Thanks for the info.

Charles.

Archived