Instaling ORBX global products on new PC

Hi all. 

I build my new PC for P3D v. 4 and I'm starting instaling all my addons include ORBX Global, Vectors, trees. 

I have a question whether to install all ORBX products before or afer the airports scenery installation? 

Sorry for the trivial question but for the first time in a long time i will be instaling every thing from scratch - i've been using FSX for many years and i am starting my adventure with P3d. 

Best regards 

Grzegorz 

Hello Grzegorz,

I am also here in the forum a "Newbie" with decades of experience of MS Fs or FSX simulators.
I suspect that because of the so-called layer technology, the airports should be installed last - that is, too top- Let me be taught by other forum members.

Greetings

Dieter

Hi Guy's, welcome to the forums

With Orbx Central it does not matter what order you install in, the installer will always put the product in the correct location in regards to the other Orbx products. Just please take note of the below basics and the insertion point tool.

All of the Global and OpenLC products and the Orbx Libraries for best results should be installed into the simulator root folder, not a library folder separate from the simulator.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date, and I would do a verify files of them from within Orbx Central.

I would then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...