Old customer returning. Looking for advice.

cvearl

Posted on AVSIM but I know not everyone uses both so thought I would ask my old pals here at FTX as well.

I was a long time student pilot/FSX/P3D guy until early 2016. I guess I took a really really long break. Suprised my account here still works! Logged in and see all my purchases still there! That's service boy! 

In terms of ORBX I have all the NA Regions except Southern Cali and about 20 airports. Looks like I have 20+ planes over at Carenado waiting for a download. Been thinking of getting back in the seat! In the old days... we used to tell people or newbies. Oh the defacto newbie list to get up to snuff ... FSX+REX+ORBX+RXP+TrackIR+Carenado... wow typing from muscle memory there.

Now 4 years later having not even LOOKED at an airplane or yoke but have a much more powerful PC. What is it now? 

Thanks!

cvearl,

Welcome back!  :)

I don't understand the question that you are asking though.

There have been some changes since 2016.  I think the biggest changes with Orbx are:

- They have added X-Plane 11 scenery to their products.

- They have introduced TrueEarth scenery products for P3Dv4 and XP11.  (photo-realistic based scenery)

Orbx Central now manages all your Orbx products.  Just log in and you can purchase/install/uninstall/update your Orbx products. No more needing to manually install your Orbx products in the right order and type in individual order numbers and product keys.  Orbx Central also lets you install your Orbx scenery in a library outside of the root FSX/P3D scenery folders if you want to!

If you haven't installed Central yet, you can get it from the green "Get Central" link in the upper right corner of the Orbx home page.  https://orbxdirect.com/

17 hours ago, Matt McGee said:

cvearl,

Welcome back!  :)

I don't understand the question that you are asking though.

There have been some changes since 2016.  I think the biggest changes with Orbx are:

- They have added X-Plane 11 scenery to their products.

- They have introduced TrueEarth scenery products for P3Dv4 and XP11.  (photo-realistic based scenery)

Orbx Central now manages all your Orbx products.  Just log in and you can purchase/install/uninstall/update your Orbx products. No more needing to manually install your Orbx products in the right order and type in individual order numbers and product keys.  Orbx Central also lets you install your Orbx scenery in a library outside of the root FSX/P3D scenery folders if you want to!

If you haven't installed Central yet, you can get it from the green "Get Central" link in the upper right corner of the Orbx home page.  https://orbxdirect.com/

Thanks for the reply!

Basically I was looking for - What's the latest "recommended" list of P3Dv4 and add ons now in 2019 and perhaps was there anything introduced in the last 4 years I have been absent that will blow my mind. In hind sight, I probably should have started with.. Hey I'm a lazy bugger! Without doing any research myself LOL ... What's new at the zoo? Or is it still same old ORBX Regions (which were awesome) and airports and nothing new other additional airports and a few more regions since I left.

But you pointed me to ... They have introduced TrueEarth scenery products for P3Dv4 and XP11. Got to go read up on it. :)

An old sim buddy of mine also mentioned a few newer GPS products and minor advancements in weather stuff from the usual suspects. I should go look at recent planes from Carenado to see what integrated avionics are the current cool I guess.

Thanks again.

C.

Archived