Install to Simulator or Library?

YSSY

During installation of Orbx scenery the user must chose the location of installation between "Simulator" or "Library" (external to simulator).

Is anyone able to advise the difference (advantage or disadvantage) between the two?

Is there quicker load times or refresh times using an external location/HDD?

Orbx Installation Choices.JPG

Hello YSSY

If you have previously installed your products in the P3D root folder using FTX Central I would recommend you to continue doing so, installing into Prepar3D v4 Folder and of course of you still have space in your drive. And even more NOT to migrate anything if all is working fine.

Though there is a product that can only be installed in the "main folder library" (that you have to create unless you want to use Orbx default one) and it is the Objects flow.

At least installing in the root is my preference.

I think one of the advantages or one of the most important intentions of Central was to offer the possibility to install the products outside the sim root for in case of an issue with P3D and update, reinstall or so your products won't suffer and you can proceed with P3D whatever is needed as the products "link" to the sim by the xml adding/installing method, which is really a benefit for cases like this.

Hope this helps somehow

Cheers

Carlos

Archived