New purchases

Paul140

Quick question, I am in the process of buying a couple of scenery goodies, however since my original buys I have moved all my Orbx scenery to a separate SSD and created a symbolic link. Will the new stuff be downloaded to that Drive (W) or is it going to head of into my Xplane SSD (X)

Thanks folks

Paul

With Orbx central you can choose where you want to install the Orbx addons to. If your already installed addons are on W drive and contained in a Library then direct the install to the Library via the options in Orbx Central. I strongly suggest you read this linked topic through as it will give all the info you need.

I suspect that, like me, the OP set up their symbolic link before the arrival of Orbx Central and libraries. Unfortunately, Central does not (unless changed by a recent update) allow you to specify a non-empty folder as a library.

In my case, I simply created a new folder 'Orbx Central' on the same drive and that has become the library for all subsequent purchases; I left my existing symbolically linked folder unchanged under the principle of 'if it ain't broke....'.

Archived