Install Outside of P3D4, does it work

Cyclone1

I am wondering can sceneries be installed outside of P3D4 without issues yet? Looking at the Central forum indicates issues are still present. It appears that the where we are at with Central has gotten pretty quiet for some reason, it would be nice to know where all of this is at and a projected time frame. 

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Yes it does work - only caveat is

These you install in the sim - Global, Vector, Openlc EU, NA, SA, Trees, Building HD, and Orbx Lib - All these global products need to be installed in the sim.  Rest others all can be installed outside the sim.  It is working fine on my end.  The layers work etc especially when playing with other third party addons.

I can not wait for them to enable all global products can be also installed outside (I do know LM fixed a bug or two which was preventing Orbx before).

Thanks Airwolf it s what I thought and what you are saying, it is not complete as was advertised you cannot use this as was intended everything outside of the sim, this is becomimng very frustrating. Thanks for your input on this.

Going by what  the dev said all of this should be installed outside of the sim, that has not happened and and we are not getting a projected time frame as to when it will happen? This is very disappointing as many of us are heavily invested in ORBX.  It would be nice to know where they are at with all of this, silence is not a gooD thing and new programs are a  DISTRACTION to the real problem at hand, "Central", it is still not working as intended months not weeks later.                                                                                 

Archived