Black Textures Observation & Weird Solution to some degree

Airwolf

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 1903

Simulator:  Prepar3d v4.5HF2

Screenshot:  Will come later

Issue:  Black Textures

Hi guys,

I will post screenshots later in the evening but I wanted to give you heads up on what is going with these Black Textures.

Here is how I started

1) 100% Clean P3D4hf2 Sim (all programfiles, appdata local/roaming P3D directories clean and rebuilt from Clean Sim install).

2) Visit KCJR Airport (Culpeper Airport)- everything is base P3D

3) Install Orbx Global and Library into the SIM root.

4) Verified Global and Library Installs

5) Sync Simulator from Orbx Central

6) Visit KCJR - Black patch around the airport

7) Then I was like maybe I need to install Vector - Installed Vector, verified install, and sync simulator again

8 - Vector is installed and Ran the Vector Config Tool.

9) Visit KCJR - see black patch right outside the airport

10) I was like maybe if I install Orbx Global Airport freeware b/c it has Neil's improved KCJR (he created this for me by request - always grateful to him).

11) Ran Vector Config tool 

12) Visit KCJR - same black patch - I am like WTF

13) Now I install openLC NA - verify install and run vector config tool

14) Go to KCJR and viola no black patch.

So openLC is filling in some patches when only global is installed - this is the problem and solution and at the same time.  So if a user doesn't have openLC then the black textures are there in those areas.

I will post all screenshots later in the evening today; just getting little worn out for discovering these little quirks lol.  

Thanks

PS -

Below is an observation from completely different clean install of the sim only about getting global installed outside the sim

Another strange bug is during another SIM clean install - if you install Global as first addon into sim and then Orbx Central ask you to install Libraries - and if you choose outside the sim - then global is installed outside the sim at the same time.  Weird logic bug

Update:

Very confusing - I did another clean reinstall - and this time I did notice that the GA Global airport pack's KCJR was causing the black texture - it is calling a city texture right next to - I even saw that in google maps real satellite image.

KCJR is requesting openLC NA texture - so that solves the problem.

Archived