Black Squares/Night Texture/Water Textures

piper_es

Hi,

Since I've installed Australia v2 I'm being plagued by issues with black squares showing instead of scenery. Water north of YPKA is also land and white instead of the actual water texture. It's always at different locations. Sometimes it's a water texture or a night texture. I've read through so many articles and forum but none of them were able to help. I understand that it might be an issue with the order in the scenery but I can not adjust that one and to my knowledge it is being done by the add-on that is being installed. I have all the openLC products, Global Base, several ORBX airports. The only non-ORBX scenery is FlightBeam KSFO, NZWN and ImagineSim WSSS.

I verified all installations with Orbx Central. Deleted the SceneryIndex_64 folder, the terrain.cfg and scenery.cfg. Nothing seems to help.

7MJtZKP.jpg

ycu4LhG.png

KQse0kT.png

Hi - your layers are not in sequence from what I can tell.

Can you run Sync Simulator - it is Help section of Orbx Central and how did you get Orbx Global install outside the sim directory - that needs to be installed in the sim root.

Verify install on your global products -- just click verify.  

I assume your Orbx Central is 4.0.27 - that is the version you need to be in

Thanks Airwolf

That's strange and a great point that the Global is showing outside the sim, it is installed in the sim, I assume. The option is not even available to install it outside the sim and I didn't move any folders. But it shows on the Global BASE Pack page that product is installed, version 1.4.3 and it says: Installed into Main Library and I'm using Orbx Central 4.0.27. I'm verifying the installation now ...

I ran Sync Simulator in the Help section of Orbx Central. That didn't change anything in the scenery order.

31 minutes ago, piper_es said:

it says: Installed into Main Library and I'm using Orbx Central 4.0.27.

Hi

This is not correct, it needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled to the simulator folder, not the Main Library.

All of the global products and the Orbx Libraries need to be installed into the simulator root folder, not a library folder separate from the simulator.

Then make sure Objectflow is installed and that there is only one instance of it as per the below topic.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date, and I would do a verify files of them from within Orbx Central.

I would then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Thanks Doug, 

I followed your steps and uninstalled GLOBAL, installed it into the root folder, same with the ORBX Libraries. I didn't see the option to install GLOBAL into a Library. I still have no idea how it ended up there. That's so bizarre. 

Anyways, I also uninstalled Australia v2, reinstalled, run the Sync Simulator function and applied the Insertion Points. Restarted the sim and it was all good. Gone are the misplaced textures and the water is water now.

Thank you so much for your help!

Archived