Norther CA loading Issue

P47D

I tried to start up my newly minted HD version of Norther Ca and got an error saying could not load image file for terrain c450x5050x17.  However i checked both in the terrain and texture folder and both files are there.  Then X-plane crashes out and quits.  Already verified files and all OK when done.  Did that twice.  Help!  

IMG_2079.jpg

The message is typical of an incomplete conversion process from jpg images to dds images. Normally this is because of limited disk space. TE NorCal is a large zipped file that needs disk space to extract and convert, then install to the chosen disk on which your XP is installed. You need to check the disk space available on the chosen download disk and then the installation disk, if they are 2 different disks. I believe that by default, downloads tend to go to the C drive unless otherwise indicated. Orbx central allows you to direct download to any disk you want and also to install to any disk( via a created Library) yo want' See the pic below, and also the topic link. At the bottom of the topic link is the solution to your error message.

Capture.thumb.JPG.0f01ffd07868d2be4fab51b173091e9d.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.636932a246acc35b8ee2a1601db6cff2.JPG

Archived