Hi, 

Over the last years I got some ORBX Scenerys: Germany North and South, England, Irland, Wales, all North America scenerys , AU V2  etc. and Airports.

I am using right now in P3Dv4:

- Ultimate Terrain X - Europe, USA, Canada, Tropical America and Caribbean

- Ground Environment Prepar3D World Edition in P3DV4.

- FS Global Ultimate  from Pilots 

Last week I brought LSZS Samedan and learned later, that ORBX OpenLC Europe or ORBX Basepack is required for the Airport to work properly.

That was the reason to think about using global ORBX products? 

In my understanding there are different layers in a flight sim: 

below

Terrain Mesh             FS Global Ultimate

Land Class                UTX                                     ORBX Global Open LC 

Textures                    GEP3D                                 ORBX Global BASE Pack 

Roads & Buldings    UTX                                      ORBX Global VECTOR

on top

Interesting would for me the upcoming ORBX Land Class Products: South Africa, Asia, Africa.

Can I combine it with GEP3D, will it work without ORBX Global VECTOR?

I read some reviews, saying that UTX is doing a good Job with roads and coastlines.

Some people say that ORBX products may "overwrite" UTX entries etc. 

I know that topic is often discussed, but what is the status quo in the end of 2019? 

What would you recommend to me, with the products I already have?

Thanks for your help!

Erik

Hello,

from the Global Base User Guide

Compatibility notes 
Please visit http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=118.0 for the latest compatibility information between FTX FTXG and third party addons. 
ULTIMATE TERRAIN X (UTX) 
FTX Global is fully compatible with UTX, since we replace the landclass textures that are also called by UTX. You have a lot of configuration options available using the UTX config tool and we recommend you take time to explore what works best when FTXG and UTX are combined. We do recommend that the UTX lighting be disabled if you have a high FPS impact with them on, but this is entirely your choice of course. 
GROUND ENVIRONMENT X (GEX) 
GEX is a default texture replacement product just like FTXG and is therefore not compatible at all. When you install FTXG you will replace any GEX textures which may have been active in Scenery\World\Texture. We do recommend that you firstly uninstall your GEX before installing FTXG, then also using the backup option from our installer to make a backup of the default textures. Please check the compatibility forums at the above link for more information.  
REAL ENVIRONMENT XTREME (REX) 
FTXG is 100% compatible with REX and you don't need to do anything special to use REX whilst flying over FTXG. In fact, most of the Orbx developers and beta testers use REX, and it's an Orbx recommended addon. The only thing we do is add new road textures to \Scenery\World\Texture so check after the installation if you prefer the new FTXG roads or re-install some of your REX favorites. The choice is yours of course. 

The Vector User Guide

ULTIMATE TERRAIN X (UTX) 
FTX Global VECTOR directly competes with UTX, since we replace vector data contained UTX. You have a lot of configuration options available using the UTX configuration tool and we recommend you take time to explore what works best when FTXG and Vector are combined. More than likely most of the features of UTX will clash with Vector. If you are wanting an interim landclass solution until openLC arrives, then it is entirely possible to disable all UTX features except its landclass layers. 
GEX is a default texture replacement product just like FTX Global and provides its own unique textures using a vastly different color palette. Additionally, Vector calls many custom textures contained in FTX Global which GEX simply does not contain, or which will have the incorrect color tone. We recommend that you use FTX Global BASE textures with Vector, since they were designed to work together seamlessly. 

The open LC Europe User Guide

Compatibility notes 
Please visit http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=118.0 for the latest compatibility information between FTX Global and third party addons. 
UTX Europe (UTX) 
FTX Global openLC competes with UTX since we replace landclass data contained in UTX. You have a lot of configuration options available using the UTX configuration tool and we recommend you take time to explore what works best when FTXG and openLC are combined. 
SceneryTech (ST)/Cloud9 (XClass)/Other Landclass products 
If using XClass Europe or ST Europe Landclass, note that openLC Europe is a direct competitor and is not designed to work with them. You can keep using SceneryTech and other landclass addons that are outside of the openLC Europe coverage.  
GEX is a default texture replacement product just like FTX Global and provides its own unique textures using a vastly different color palette. Additionally, openLC calls many custom textures contained in FTX Global which GEX simply does not contain, or which will have the incorrect color tone. FTX Global BASE is required to work with openLC, since they were designed to work together seamlessly. 

All these user guides can be accessed from the Orbx Direct product pages.

Archived