Two Installations of Orbx Central

renault

Operating system:  Win 10 64 bit Home

Simulator:  XPlane 11

Screenshot:  4Ce6GLS.jpg

Issue:  Not really a issue but more of a question. Today when I was doing routine maintenance on my computer I noticed that I have two installations of Orbx Central , vers 4.0.16 & vers 4.0.25 which is the one that I use.

Orbx Central works flawlessly for me and I am very happy with it. Is the older version just something "left over" (i.e. can it be uninstalled/removed) or is it an integral part of the overall installation.

Many thanks & keep up the excellent work:)

Cheers 

Renault 

central.log

The update from Orbx Central v4.0.16 to v4.0.20 (and later) involved some major backend changes in the application. This may be what causes the duplication, though it shouldn't cause any issues. I've made a note of this and we'll look into what we can do to clean up that older version from showing in that list.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:51 PM, POLYMERMAN said:

Hello Renault, 

Your correct it is a "left over" an the older version can be removed.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:28 AM, Jean-Claude COLLE said:

Hello,

Same problem for me and If I uninstall 4.0.16 then 4.0.25 is removed and 4.0.16 is always here. I reinstall 4.0.25 and 4.0.16 is always presents.

instal.jpg

On 11/13/2019 at 3:32 PM, Jean-Claude COLLE said:

OK this is an unerased key problem in the registry and here's the solution:

Open the registry editor (launch regedit)

Do a search on Orbx Central 4.0.16

Clear the key

On 11/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, Airwolf said:

Be careful with this - I tried removing the older Orbx (via Control Panel - Add/Remove Progrrams) and infact it removed the latest version also 4.0.25.

The update should have the installer logic to remove the old version traces.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts . It is appreciated :)

3 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

The update from Orbx Central v4.0.16 to v4.0.20 (and later) involved some major backend changes in the application. This may be what causes the duplication, though it shouldn't cause any issues. I've made a note of this and we'll look into what we can do to clean up that older version from showing in that list.

Thank you Mitchell. It is a great product and has made managing multiple disks in my particular installation extremely easy.

I appreciate all that you and your colleagues have done, and continue to do for us :)

Thanks again 

Cheers

R

Archived