River Running at Darrington

Griphos

I just wanted to post a few pics as a way of thanking the Darrington guys for including so much wonderfully modeled river around this airport.  For a incorrigible river runner like me, it's a treasure!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

By the way, just for your info, on the river heading NE of the town, some of the houses on the river are floating.  I tried it at 5m and at 10m and they floated in both.  Here's 5m:

Posted Image

And here's at 10m:

Posted Image

Again, thanks so much for this beautiful river.  I can almost smell the undergrowth and feel the cool wet air.

Hey Phil,

Great pics mate, if you want to get rid of those jagged lines go into your scenery settings and change the filtering tab to Anisotropic, you should have nice crisp lines after that.

Hey Phil,

Great pics mate, if you want to get rid of those jagged lines go into your scenery settings and change the filtering tab to Anisotropic, you should have nice crisp lines after that.

You know, I am running Aniso, and AA at x4 in the nVidia CP (rather than in FSX settings).  Maybe I should run the AA in FSX.  It doesn't look like that in the game, but the pics always come out that way.  Weird.

And, yeah, I really enjoyed that video.  I can skim the water with the tundra tires at speed, but when I try to do the skim over water to land on gravel bar trick, I nose over and break my prop, and there goes another virtual couple of thousand into a top overhaul!  :P

Yeah, i like a low flight along the river too - in the beginning there wasn't one tree placed yet and i couldn't stop to do it  :D. Btw, when you have REX, the sparkling wave animation theme will bring the river to live  ;)

Just 3 days ago i did a dusk river ride from 3W5 Concrete (our next project) to Darrington, that was really beautiful  :). Just thinking about - that would be great with a speed boat as well.

Archived