Orbx Central problems-now what?

JohnJJr

After flying TE Wash in xp 11 I went to orbx central and decided to check if there were any updates to TE Wash or orbx library. When I opened it, it installed a new version of orbx central and again asked all the same questions I answered from the last install ( where to put back up and where orbx library is to be installed ). When I looked on my products it said version 1.1.0 was ready to install of TE Wash, which I thought was just an update. So I pressed install and it said orbx library has to be  updated so I did that . It then said  version 1.1.0 was installed. I read on your forum that you should verify files after downloading so I pressed to  verify files. Then Orbx Central started to download another copy of TE Wash. So now I have 2 copies of TE Wash ( or 2 backups ) on my c drive. I can't seem to stop the download and I'm afraid of messing something up so I'm just going to let it finish. What should I do now ? Do I  just uninstall TE Wash and its backup and download it again? 

I didnt want anything other than to update  TE Wash and the orbx library- now I have what seems to be 2 copies on my hard drive. Can you please advise.

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

central.log

Hello,

here are some extracts from the log.

really we need an Orbx Central developer.

It looks like you have not created a library

Beginning installation of TrueEarth US Washington HD
2019-11-02T06:58:59.156Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - No destination set, unable to install.

but now it is installing into your X Plane 11 folder

2019-11-02T07:11:39.137Z [INFO] [Central::InstallationService] - Beginning installation of TrueEarth US Washington HD
2019-11-02T07:12:01.280Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Installing to X:\X-Plane 11

The Orbx Libraries are being installed to the default library

2019-11-02T07:12:10.812Z [INFO] [Central::InstallationService] - Beginning installation of Orbx Libraries
2019-11-02T07:12:17.501Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Installing to C:\Users\John\Orbx Library\xp11\Orbx Libraries

2019-11-02T07:12:18.429Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Extract chunk C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\Backup\orbxlibs-xp11\f65affc9-5865-497b-a35e-61454b4b6138.c.zip

This looks to me as if you have a backup and that the product is being installed from it.

2019-11-02T07:13:36.188Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Extract chunk C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\Backup\us-washington-xp11\d87f9a41-9c3b-4c1b-b295-68071c5642ff.c.zip

This is the last entry on the log, perhaps your PC is out of free space, or you have just taken a copy while the installation is in progress.

[INFO] Converting Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos\textures\b060x58f0x17.JPG

If you asked for a back up, you should expect to have one working copy and one backup.

Is it now successfully installed?

Yes it is done installing another copy of TE Wash. Looking at my "C" drive , out of 465gb total size I only have 57.7 gb  remaining free. Orbx central  assigned both the backup and storage of the TE Wash files there by default.  Can I delete TE Wash and the backup on the "C" drive and download TE Wash again to a bigger drive that I have available? Will I get charged again for TE Wash ? I also have the enhancement pack for  TE Wash on the same drive. What I would like to do is clear out everything ( TE Wash , backup and enhancement pack ) from the "C" drive and start over and download  TE Wash ,backup and enhancement pack to a larger drive. 

Just to clarify, I did not ask for a backup, I already had  TE Wash and it's backup installed.  All I wanted to do was to update TE Wash ( which it did ) and then to verify the files. When I pressed " verify files" it started downloading another copy of TE Wash. I think that may be the problem. 

Thanks.

Just to clarify:

If you don't want backups, you need to untick the box next to

"Automatically backup product installation files".

You might also consider moving the "Temporary Location" off your C drive.

You can delete the backup files from the location in your screen shot but

it would make sense to use them to install your products to another drive first.

Ok so if I want to fix this I guess I go to the downloader page 1st and reassign the locations for the TE Wash and enhancement and backup files. Then delete both the TE Wash and enhancement pack. After that download the TE Wash and enhancement pack ( which will go to the new drive with their backups).  Then delete the backup files from the "C" drive. Right?

Archived