Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB for Prepar3Dv4

Almedin

Hello Im planing to buy new graphics card currently I have GTX 1060 6GB. I need for gaming and also for Prepar3D. So my question Does anyone have this graphics gard RX 5700 XT? Is it good for P3Dv4?

Thanks,

Almedin

It will certainly deliver good results, yes. According to the performance this card offers. However, I doubt that you will see much improvement in Prepar3D, as even today, this simulator is still greatly limited by the CPU performance. You might be able to translate the performance gain over the GTX-1060 into better antialiasing and higher resolution, if you need this. If you take a look on the pure specs, the RX 5700 XT is about twice as fast as the GTX-1060, but I doubt that you will see this performance increase simply due to the fact that your CPU will become the limiting factor...

On 10/31/2019 at 11:29 AM, AnkH said:

It will certainly deliver good results, yes. According to the performance this card offers. However, I doubt that you will see much improvement in Prepar3D, as even today, this simulator is still greatly limited by the CPU performance. You might be able to translate the performance gain over the GTX-1060 into better antialiasing and higher resolution, if you need this. If you take a look on the pure specs, the RX 5700 XT is about twice as fast as the GTX-1060, but I doubt that you will see this performance increase simply due to the fact that your CPU will become the limiting factor...

Thank you for your answer recently I bought new monitor 1440p so I need for 2K. So I think for 2K and 4K CPU is not important to much.

While you are basically right, the resolution you use won't result in a big change if you are limited by a CPU. Example: your CPU is capable of providing 30FPS at 1920x1080, your GPU might be able to reach 45FPS if combined with a faster CPU. Then, it would not make any difference if you switch to a GPU that would reach 80FPS in the same scenario, as your CPU would still limit this GPU down to 30FPS...

As you have a nVIDIA card, you can basically mimick (test) the new resolution BEFORE you buy any new graphics card. Simply activate DSR (dynamic super resolution) inside the nVIDIA control panel and set your simulator to the 1440p resolution and compare. IF you are losing FPS when comparing 1440p with 1080p due to graphic sensitive settings, then yes, the novel card will provide better results. But if you have more or less the same FPS in 1440p as you have in 1080p, changing the graphics card would not do anything... simple as that.

Archived