TE GBS missing file

alan2

Hi,

Have bought TE GB North, South and Central. Lovely work ! 

GBsouth is my problem. After installation it had missing files .I have uninstalled /reinstalled half a dozen times or so. Ran the verify files. I made a backup and updated the backup after each reinstall catching all the missing files, hopefully .

It looks like  I'm down to one pair of missing files - Orbx_C_GB_Soth_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/textures/a930xfd20x17.dds and its ".ter " equivalent . Two files.  This has been consistently  missing .

It seems to me if somebody could email the missing files I may be in business !

Cheers ...Alan

50 minutes ago, alan2 said:

Hi,

Have bought TE GB North, South and Central. Lovely work ! 

GBsouth is my problem. After installation it had missing files .I have uninstalled /reinstalled half a dozen times or so. Ran the verify files. I made a backup and updated the backup after each reinstall catching all the missing files, hopefully .

It looks like  I'm down to one pair of missing files - Orbx_C_GB_Soth_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/textures/a930xfd20x17.dds and its ".ter " equivalent . Two files.  This has been consistently  missing .

It seems to me if somebody could email the missing files I may be in business !

Cheers ...Alan

Please advise the following file sizes that you have for your TEGB South installation

1. The Custom file

2. The Overlay file

3. The orthos file.

The error message you are receiving is typical of that which indicates the conversion process from jpg images to dds format images has not completed. This further is indicative of a Disk space problem. Please advise the amount of disk space the disk you downloaded to has, and also the disk on which the installation will be, if a different from the download disk. many people download onto for example theirC drive and then the extraction process takes place, then the installation is performed to anothe Disk which has their copy of XP on or if they have created a Library, to that Disk.

It will not be a matter of being given the "missing" files as you will subsequently get another message about another missing file.

Thank you Jon,

Available space on disc = 1.04TB

X-plane is on its own ssd with TE GBnorth central and south sitting there.There is 1.04TB left from 1.81TB.

File size TEGB South :

Custom : 3.58GB, 1,724 files,  47 folders
Overlay: 1.64GB, 2,877 files,  103 folders
Orthos : 123GB,  27,649 files, 6 folders   ....I noticed some .png files (and .DDS)

Cheers ...Alan

Maybe time to attach your XP Log file because I am running out of ideas. Also maybe your Orbx central log which should be available in C drive/user/your name/appdata/roaming/Orbx/central. Run the verify files again after rebooting your PC. Then attach the Central log file. I will probably have to have the Orbx Central devs look at it, considering you have already performed most of the known fixes for the error message you are getting, and you appear to meet the requirements regarding disk space etc.

apologies for the delay. I seem to have other problems with my computer. I cannot upload the files requested at the moment.

I have just recently cloned my C: drive to a larger ssd, and some things are not playing the game.Also my internet has gone very bad/slow, inoperable at times.

I have decided to uninstall XP because if I uninstall TEGBsouth it still throws up errors - missing files when loading flights in other areas.

Fresh instal, install TEGB Cental and North only ( not South) for now.

I do have P3D to use.   Maybe, if you wish,  you can close this thread, I may do a OS reinstall.

Appreciate your help , Cheers ...Alan

Archived