Symbolic links not created by ORBX Central

Dario

Hello, 

I installed TE GB North on another drive, but ORBX Central did not create the symbolic links. Therefore, XP11 does not "see" the scenery.

I tried to create the symbolic link manually with Command Prompt, but then I received the message "the device does not support symbolic links" . 

Some weeks ago, I was able to create symbolic links in this same external drive. 

I saw previous posts related with ORBX Central not creating the links, but I didn't find an answer to this problem. 

Any hints?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Dario,

Not too sure what the solution is here - Orbx Central just runs mklink in the background.

What type of drive did you create the library on? Is it a network share, removable storage, etc?

Hi Ben,

I run XP11 on an external SSD. 

I am running both Orbx Central and Cmd Prompt in Administrator Mode, but it won't let me create this symbolic link. 

The strange thing is that I was able to create symbolic links is this exact same drive some weeks ago. And nothing changed in the drive, no formatting, no authorization changes, nothing... :( 

Thanks! 

Dario

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Dario

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do in this case as this appears to be an issue with the operating system itself or the external SSD.

9 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @Dario

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do in this case as this appears to be an issue with the operating system itself or the external SSD.

Ok! I read somewhere that shortcuts would also work. I will give them a try. 

Thanks for you help! 

Archived