EGPH and EGLC Framerate Issues

Hi,

I have recently purchased EGPH, EGLC and EGNX.

EGNX works fine, but EGPH and EGLC have some severe framerate issues.

Below is an example of what I mean with EGPH.

Here I am at the holding point for runway 06 looking straight ahead and my framerate is around 25.

uL7DYeD.jpg

Then, when I look torwards the airport my framerate drastically drops, fluctuating between 1 and 5 fps.

MzvtSaE.jpg

Any idea what is going on? I've tried day and night, turning on and off dynamic lighting and trying different lighting and graphics settings. I've disabled the airport scenery and there is no framerate loss.

Thx

Strange, I found that my Nvidia drivers needed updating so did that with the hope that it would fix this - it didn't :(

I'll try some further testing later when I get home from work.

I have Orbx global, ftx vector, Europe LC, ftx Scotland installed particular to that area, so I'll try switching each off in turn to see if there's a conflict of some sort.

Also, I tried a flight from Shoreham to EGLC, at about 10-15 miles out from EGLC the same drastic frame rate drop happens. 

Also, when I start a new scenario with EGLC or EGPH I start with around 25 fps and after around 10 seconds it drops to below 5 fps, as if something that is loading in is causing it (object flow perhaps?)

Hello,

I had only EGPH and EU Scotland active.

Global base is there in any case but inside a region, the textures are bespoke and

Vector and Open LC are completely excluded.

Try disabling everything Orbx that you can, see if your problem persists.

If it does not, try each one on its own until you find the culprit.

If you do not, then try them together but only two at a time.

I also have this issue. I have a i7 8700K overclocked to 5.3 HT off and a 1080ti overclocked and get a stable 30 fps (Vsync with 30Hz monitor) nearly everywhere (apart from London). Unfortunately at ORBX EGPH its around 20-22 FPS. i have ORBX global, Open LC Europe, FTX Scotland and Orbx EGPH. There must be something unique to our addon combinations or setups thats not playing well with ORBX EGPH most people do not seem to have this issue. 

Here's an example of the issue I am seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqtqMWnNFdQ&feature=youtu.be

I have tried turning all addons off and just enabling ORBX Global Vector and EGPH. It seems to be most prevalent as I'm crossing RWY 06 threshold and seems to clear on passing RWY 24 threshold. Oddly it doesn't seem to do it from the other direction.

I too was experiencing poor frames. I have global and FTX Scotland installed. 

last night I turned off Scotland in the scenery library and there was a dramatic improvement.

However, loaded up the sim today and I was back to experiencing a drop in frames. 

Turned on FTX Scotland and boom... performance was back to being what I would expect. 

Could there be something conflicting with FTX Scotland causing these issues ?

I can confirm this observation as well. I am gaining approximately 3 frames without FTX Scotland which is what I would expect.

But generally I am under the impression that the airport is a tad too heavy on frames considering what it offers and the surrounding scenery. It's just an impression but I was surprised how low my frames went.

13 minutes ago, espresso said:

But generally I am under the impression that the airport is a tad too heavy on frames considering what it offers and the surrounding scenery. It's just an impression but I was surprised how low my frames went.

+1

I think part of the "issue" is that the developers placed an extremely large number of people flow items all over the airport, which may be fine if you're look at the airport using an Avatar or a small default prop. But flying an airliner there with THAT amount of people flow will give you a considerable FPS hit, at least that seems logical to me. Unfortunately no options to reduce or disable people flow are provided. 

There might be other reasons for those comparably low FPS, but my guess is the very large amount of people flow is the primary cause. 

On 10/28/2019 at 7:33 PM, elliotgr2010 said:

I too was experiencing poor frames. I have global and FTX Scotland installed. 

last night I turned off Scotland in the scenery library and there was a dramatic improvement.

However, loaded up the sim today and I was back to experiencing a drop in frames. 

Turned on FTX Scotland and boom... performance was back to being what I would expect. 

Could there be something conflicting with FTX Scotland causing these issues ?

After doing some further testing this evening I managed to turn off the moving people and all 3D cars by changing the BGL’s with “car” and “PF” to .OFF extensions. This resulted in a fair increase in frames however my issue with EU Scotland still stands.

However, what’s more worrying is that I also seem to have a 60-70% drop in frames when using any PBR aircraft on the concrete aprons. Specifically around stand 4 down to 1A and in the newly constructed area at stand 16.

I’m very happy with performance on the asphalt taxiways and main runways where I’m consistently above 35fps. But as soon as I move a PBR aircraft to a large concrete area the performance falls off a cliff.

I should add that I’m referring to EGPH above. 

As an update to my original problem, I no longer have the drastic frame rate drop.

I disabled all addons, and turned them back on one by one. The very last thing I enabled was Active Sky, which saw the drastic frame rate drop again. I also have Active Sky Cloud Art, and found that by switching from the Full Dynamics scene to one of the other normal scenes the problem went away. So, in my case the original problem seems to be due to either ASCA full dynamic scene, or ENVTEX which it uses?

I haven't dug any deeper as I've been busy trying to fix the RWY06 ILS issue :lol:

Archived