TE GB Central Product - Could not locate image file for terrain

Shiway

Hello everyone!

For a long time, I am struggling with my TE GB Central product.

As seen on "screenshot" below, my X-Plane has problem with loading GB Central.

Error, could not locate image dile for terrain

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/a1f0xfbc0x17.ter

Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain/

../textures/a1f0xfbc0x17dds

I've tried everything. reinstalling FTX 3/Orbx Central, Orbx GB Central and even reinstalling X-plane 11. I was never able to run this product.

I see that there are clearly some files missing but reinstalling or veryfing files won't work for me.

(I'm sorry for a screen photo, but PrintScreen only captures main menu of an X-Plane)

Do you have anny suggestions?

74956753_2460988117272109_7283543499201314816_n.jpg

You have to make sure that you have all the necessary prerequisites to ensure a successful installation.Please confirm the following:

1. That you have at least 90GB of free space o the disk you want to install it on. Yes the installation is approx 77GB but you need additional spare capacity, so at least 80GB.

2. Do you download to the same disk as the installation is to go on? If a seperate disk, like e.g. C drive do you have enough disk space on that drive to download and extract?

3. The error you are receiving is associated with the conversion of jpg to dds imagery not completing and this is often due to not enough space on the Disk being available. It could also indicate you don't have Visual C++ installed.

See this section of the Orbx Central manual.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit#heading=h.f63faq86a8e

16 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

1. That you have at least 90GB of free space o the disk you want to install it on. Yes the installation is approx 77GB but you need additional spare capacity, so at least 80GB

That worked. Thanks! This time I had over 100gb of free space during an instalation and TE GB Central works perfectly now.

Topic can be closed. :)

Archived