FSX SE with Orbx Austrailia wrong or blinking textures

Ive installed Orbx Aus original edition ver 4.1 and the textures are mismatched and some are blinking in and out. Ive got several Ultimate terrain x items(all in America region) on this install but nothing in Austrailia. Is there a known incompatibility between Orbx Au 4.1 and FSX SE ? I tested in Alice Springs and it had industrial and jungle textures mixed with rocky and desert but all mixed up and blinking. Anyone have any ideas. I just got access again to my old Orbx  titles purchased from FSS years ago. I have windows 10 pro FSX Steam Edition.

20191024000145_1.jpg

Hi kellykey,

It appears that you have a texture morphing issue corrupt (Terrain.cfg), but also you have AUv1 "FTX AU Australia SP4.001" Australia v1 was last updated to SP4.002 & SP4.003 FTXCentral/OrbxCentral should have offered you those Service packs.

To resolve your Terrain.cfg morphing issue please visit this Topic:

The above method did not work. I finally uninstalled, reinstalled Orbx Central several times before it was working successfully. I think the Orbx Central version that finally fixed the morphing issue is 4.0.23 which I accessed about midnight last night. I have no idea what finally made it work but soon afterwards I noticed my Milviz Pilatus Porter made the system CTD.. Upon trying to restart the sim, I got a message saying something like "Too many reinstall attempts please contact support". Should this even happen with the SE version of FSX ? Anyway I reinstalled last night but havent been able to even attempt to restart the sim. Ill try to do some testing this evening and this weekend hopefully. Basically im starting Over...

I think my texture issue is fixed now. It was the version of Orbx Central was too old. The current one works fine. I Also got my Milviz P6 aircraft to install correctly. Its been several years since I did any flight simming. This has been a learning experience. Thanks to all of you that helped.

Upon further testing and loading of my USA areas,  the morphing problems surfaced again. Im going to shelf the flight sim for a few weeks as I have other business to attend to. Ill check back here sometime in the future. Thanks folks for helping.

The sim is working now. I disabled all the firewalls and AV programs and re downloaded and installed everything. All works fine now. Im using exclusively Orbx addons as well as finally getting the Global Base and Vector. Finally im enjoying the beautiful scenery again. Thanks for the forum. :)

Archived