Error message on start up

Campo

Hi I purchased True Earth Central on the 19th October 2019 and after a few problems trying to install the product I managed to download it yesterday after deleting X-Plane 11 and reinstalling it. I used the FTX application and all seemed well. However when I started X-Plane 11 (which is a clean install with no add on extras) I get a message appearing (see attached screenshot). I was at Manchester Airport in the default Cessna Skyhawk. I closed the program and will attach the Log.txt file and various screenshots which show the order of the scenery files. I restarted X-plane at Heathrow airport again in the Cessna Skyhawk. The message came up again same as before. I clicked on Understood and it  disappeared. I flew to Manchester and could see the True Earth scenery unfolding which was impressive. I have never had this message before I installed True Earth Central so I assume it has something to do with the way the files are put in order by the FTX application. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I have a Home Accounts program called Accountz V3 which will not open now after the True Earth install. It did this earlier when I was installing True Earth just after I had purchased it. I contacted Accountz V3 and they guided me to a fresh instalment of their program which worked fine till I installed True Earth then it refused to open again. I have attached a screenshot of the message I get.

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Log.txt

@Campo The error message is referring to an error in your Resources/default scenery folder. I suggest you run XP installer and let it find any missing or corrupted files and it will reinstall them.Your Log file is stating it cannot find the voices folder in your resources. Open up XP directory/Resources/default scenery/default atc dat folder and see if you have a Voices folder in there. It should be as in my pic below and be the same size in MB and number of files as my 2nd pic.

"Could not find ATC Voice zip pack Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/voices/default pilot/default_pilot.zip referenced by: Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/voices/default pilot/default_pilot.voc
0:06:03.686 E/SCN: Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/voices/default pilot/default_pilot.zip:
0:06:03.686 E/SCN: Could not find ATC Voice zip pack Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/voices/default pilot/default_pilot.zip referenced by: Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/voices/default pilot/default_pilot.voc"

Capture.JPG.e1b72424a3f845c4974f8525d2981cdb.JPG

1.JPG.0e369ea6c24ab22440d1f01ef2c78d55.JPG

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't quite understand what you mean by "I suggest you run XP installer". Is it a complete re-installation of X-Plane 11 that is required ?

I looked at my Voices folder as you suggested and I think there are files missing from there. When I clicked on properties it read -

Size 6.05 MB (6,346,679 bytes)

Size on Disk 6.05 MB (6,348,800) 

2 Files, 2 Folders

This is considerably less than your example. After I installed it via FTX, I selected the verify files option and it seemed ok but obviously wasn't hence the messages on start up.

I have previously downloaded add on payware Aircraft and the Garmin GTN750 with no problems but looking at the posts on various Forums the Orbx scenery is proving problematical to install.

What is my next step to recovering the missing files please ? I will add that the X-Plane 11 version I have installed is default updated and without the add on's I mentioned. 

6 minutes ago, Campo said:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't quite understand what you mean by "I suggest you run XP installer". Is it a complete re-installation of X-Plane 11 that is required ?

I looked at my Voices folder as you suggested and I think there are files missing from there. When I clicked on properties it read -

Size 6.05 MB (6,346,679 bytes)

Size on Disk 6.05 MB (6,348,800) 

2 Files, 2 Folders

This is considerably less than your example. After I installed it via FTX, I selected the verify files option and it seemed ok but obviously wasn't hence the messages on start up.

I have previously downloaded add on payware Aircraft and the Garmin GTN750 with no problems but looking at the posts on various Forums the Orbx scenery is proving problematical to install.

What is my next step to recovering the missing files please ? I will add that the X-Plane 11 version I have installed is default updated and without the add on's I mentioned. 

The error message you are receiving is nothing to do with your recent Orbx addon but a problem of missing files in your XP installation.

Run the X-Plane installer.exe and then click on Update X-Plane. make sure you have the option of Check for new Betas unticked if you don't want any beta to install. The installer will scan your installation and install any missing files including hopefully, the missing voice files which is what the error messages are referring to. The Orbx addon is working fine according to the Log.

Hi Jon,

Whilst I was waiting for your reply I put the XP 11 installation disk in and noticed the update now button so I pressed it and it did it's magic. I looked at the Voice folder and the missing files had been replaced. I must add that when I re-installed the clean version of XP 11  I ran it before I installed True Earth and there were no error messages. When I installed True Earth and ran XP 11 the message appeared. Anyway no messages now so thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

5 hours ago, Campo said:

Hi Jon,

Whilst I was waiting for your reply I put the XP 11 installation disk in and noticed the update now button so I pressed it and it did it's magic. I looked at the Voice folder and the missing files had been replaced. I must add that when I re-installed the clean version of XP 11  I ran it before I installed True Earth and there were no error messages. When I installed True Earth and ran XP 11 the message appeared. Anyway no messages now so thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

Glad it is resolved and you can now enjoy the addon. @Nick Cooper can be marked as Resolved

Archived