Gates at Brisbane

Do you use GSX . If so, it could come that most of the gates in YBBN are to small for the 747    You need room for. the wing span which is from memory over 65 meters I think even at the ORBX Brisbane International terminal this plane will not fit.  This could be the reason. If you have GSX set  a couple of gates to accommodate this plane . There are only a few places/ gates you can safely use. to park this plane.  This because the wings will at some gates touchES  adjacent jet ways or buildings. No realistic to do so.

PS; definitely no room at the domestic for the 747

I also did learn the hard way and  I was sent the the  cargo area . My passengers were not happy!

Hope this may help

Charles

Hello Bill.

In the real world, at the domestic terminal, stand 24 will accommodate a B744. At the International terminal, stands 69, 70 and 77 to 87 will accommodate a B744. There are even A388 stands 71, 73, 74,75, 76. This information can be downloaded from the Airservices Australia website:

https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/aip.asp?

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "I agree" and then go to "Departure and Approach Procedures". After clicking the date you choose, click on "Aerodrome & Procedure Charts" and then go to "Brisbane". You can then download the appropriate "Apron Chart"

Cheers

BernieF

Charles is correct, the parking spaces at the International Terminal are too small in the sim, all about the 30 meter radius mark, and I could not use GSX.

From memory, there are one or two spots that are 35 meters but they always get occupied by AI traffic.

I changed all the "medium" parking spaces at the International Terminal to 36 meters radius and marked them all as "Heavy", using Airport Design Editor (another free tool).

Now YBBN International works ok for me.

Bill, just as a side note, I see NMG AI traffic is discontinued, why not install ORBX AI or for world coverage use AIG AI Manager- One Click Installer. 

Check it out here  https://www.alpha-india.net/software/   .   Best move you'll ever make, I got rid of my Ultimate Traffic Live, payware, and now use AIM-OCI exclusively, along with ORBX AI, and its free and always up to date.

Chris.

Archived