FTX Central - unhandled exception when clicking apply Vista 32

Yes - the "Run as Administrator" is checked.  I also tried selecting the "Run as Administrator" when right clicking on the icon.

I tried to reinstall NetFramework 3.5 but that installer tells me I have a more up to date version already installed. 

I verified UAC is off

I checked the permissions for the file in question and see that authenticated users have read write and modify permission. Is FTX an authenticated user?

I then added an  "users" group and gave it full control - still get the error.  I then added an "everyone" group and gave it full control - same problem. 

I have installed several of your products with no problems.  I install lots of payware and freeware products with no problems - this is the only time I've seen this error. 

Any ideas?

I can click on default FSX and apply and it works OK and I get an FTX message telling me default FSX is running.

I try to use WinDbg to catch the error but nothing happens when I click on Apply after attaching the FTXCentral executable to WinDbg and using GO in WinDbg. 

Hi there,

the error message indicates that default.xml cannot be accessed in the \Autogen folder. Some earlier tweaks for FSX recommended deactivating that file. Can you check that you still have it in that folder? If it is check its security/access settings in the Properties window, maybe it is "locked"?

Cheers, Holger

As I said "I checked the permissions for the file in question and see that authenticated users have read write and modify permission. Is FTX an authenticated user?

I then added an  "users" group and gave it full control - still get the error.  I then added an "everyone" group and gave it full control - same problem. "

The file is in the autogen folder, it is not locked, and I can edit it from a non-administrator account.  EVERYONE has full control permissions for the file.

NO - I am not running FSX at the same time - I used Process Explorer to ensure nothing else is running. 

I changed to the permissions for the Autogen folder to include an Everyone group with Full Control - that moved the problem along - now it is the same error but on a file in ...\ORBX\Scripts.  I changed the permissions for the entire ORBX Folder to Everyone - Full Control but still get the same error.  I do see the entire ORBX folder is read only:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\default.xml' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()

at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly Version: 1.0.2.1

Win32 Version: 1.0.2.1

CodeBase: file:///F:/Program%20Files/Microsoft%20Games/Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

ldgtgij_

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

ppsg5xua

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I just reran FTXCentral and set it to Default FSX - that worked without error

Then I clicked on North America and then clicked on Apply - Instantly I got the Vista error message as shown in my first post and I then clicked on Quit.

I started FSX, took off from McChord AFB in the great new Skyraider and was soon flying over the stunning ORBX scenary for the Olympics.

Great product! Now I will have to buy it!

I don't understand the error nor do I understand why FTXCentral was able to apply the scenery this time - after about 20 failed attempts. But, I am happy with the results.

Archived