EGNX Lighting Issue

• 2 months later...

On 10/11/2019 at 5:55 PM, Ian Fisher said:

Nick.

Senior moment again. I was not running REX EF as I was just testing the install and not intending to fly anywhere. Soon as I fired it up all is well.

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

How did you fix it ...? I have the same problem and although I'm using Tomato it should not cause the lights to display like that, or at least then it should be like that all over and not only at EGNX.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there is no logic in your assertion or your assumption that the lights are not unique to this airport.

I would think that if you return your shaders to default, the problem will go away.

Okay, I can confirm that default shadersHLSL and a new shaders folder DO NOT make any difference and the lights are what they are ...

• I've deleted the ShadersHLSL folder and replaced with default
  • I've deleted SHADERS folder and let P3D write new ones

But I've already started another thread with this issue before I came across this one and now I'm stuck between the two ...... :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have brought your other thread over here.

This is what I see with truly default shaders.

Don't know what you mean by "truly default shaders" because if I copy default shaders into ShadersHLSL folder and delete SHADERS folder and let P3D write a new one, then surely that is "truly" ...

I have 374 payware sceneries/airports installed, and this is the first time I've been told that my SHADERS are causing lights to look like that, are you sure Nick? Because this looks like a texture and/or fx file from one of the thousand EFFECTS folders we now have thanks to P3D's brilliant idea to scatter files all over your harddrive and add-on.xml them all together.

Will you be so kind to ask your devs what is the texture file they use for the lights at EGNX, please?

Hello,

I am offering advice here based entirely on the simple logic that

1. if I load the airport into P3D v4 with default shaders, the lights work as illustrated in my screen shot.

2. if you load the airport into P3D v4 with default shaders, the lights work as illustrated in your screen shot.

3. that Ian has software that modifies the shaders, without it he sees the same as you do and his problem

was resolved by running as program that modifies the shaders.

4. so far, you two are the only customers to report this and you both choose to use software that modifies your shaders.

I see that you disagree, but those four things do strongly suggest that the cause is the state of the shaders.

Applying logic again, if the problem was an effect file, all customers and testers would have seen it.

My guess as to the texture would be orbx_egnx_lights.dds.

A further guess is that the texture has nothing to do with the problem you see, once again because if it was faulty,

it would be faulty on all installations.

I will ping the developer for you.

@razgo

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I am offering advice here based entirely on the simple logic that

1. if I load the airport into P3D v4 with default shaders, the lights work as illustrated in my screen shot.

2. if you load the airport into P3D v4 with default shaders, the lights work as illustrated in your screen shot.

3. that Ian has software that modifies the shaders, without it he sees the same as you do and his problem

was resolved by running as program that modifies the shaders.

4. so far, you two are the only customers to report this and you both choose to use software that modifies your shaders.

I see that you disagree, but those four things do strongly suggest that the cause is the state of the shaders. Applying logic again, if the problem was an effect file, all customers and testers would have seen it. My guess as to the texture would be orbx_egnx_lights.dds.

A further guess is that the texture has nothing to do with the problem you see, once again because if it was faulty, it would be faulty on all installations.

I will ping the developer for you.

@razgo

Thank you Nick, I appreciate your advice ...

... on my side, it simply doesn't fix the problem when I have a default ShadersHLSL folder and when I delete the shaders for P3D to rewrite them and then the lights look the same day AND night. No shaders program is in use now. All other ORBX airports that I recently purchased work 100% (ESSA, LEAS, EGPH, LIEO etc) and this is the only airport with this anomaly.

If @razgo has any other suggestion, remedy, fix, tweak, then I would gladly try that.

Archived