NO Foreshore waves/Spray AUv2

I don't appear to have any foreshore water movement anywhere around Australia. (The white foam)

If I fly out of PAKT toward Annette Island I have Foreshore waves, as with all countries outside of Australia?

Has this been removed from AUv2, or should I uninstall AUv2 and reinstall?

Kind Regards

Brian (BJ from OZ)

The surf effect is not consistent in the sim.  It needs certain scenery parameters to be triggered and in a lot of add on scenery the parameters are different and the surf engine doesn't recognise the coastal area as a surf zone.

Can anything be done about it?  i don't think so from what i remember reading in previous posts.

30 minutes ago, John Dow said:

The surf effect is not consistent in the sim.  It needs certain scenery parameters to be triggered and in a lot of add on scenery the parameters are different and the surf engine doesn't recognise the coastal area as a surf zone.

Can anything be done about it?  i don't think so from what i remember reading in previous posts.

Thanks John

Hello,

The definitive answer to this question would be Holger's but it's my understanding that wave effects associated with shoreline vectors (the waves quite close to the shore) were not part of AU v2 because the higher quality  vector data used. The very large number of very short vector segments resulted in so many wave effects that there was an unacceptable performance hit.  I think Holger did hand draw some surf-only effects in some key places. These are typically further offshore and have a characteristic look.

Incidentally, anything that might be taken to be spray is just part of the decal applied to the water surface. There is no spray in the air.

11 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hello,

The definitive answer to this question would be Holger's but it's my understanding that wave effects associated with shoreline vectors (the waves quite close to the shore) were not part of AU v2 because the higher quality  vector data used. The very large number of very short vector segments resulted in so many wave effects that there was an unacceptable performance hit.  I think Holger did hand draw some surf-only effects in some key places. These are typically further offshore and have a characteristic look.

Incidentally, anything that might be taken to be spray is just part of the decal applied to the water surface. There is no spray in the air.

Thanks Larry, Appreciated

Brian  (BJ from Oz)

Archived