Sim Performance Issue with HD Buildings

I bought HD buildings sometime back right upon release, as I was reinstalling P3D after a major HD failure and loosing everything, of course I have backup purchases etc and need to get stuff reinstalled from scratch.

Bare with me on this story.

I loaded it up and looked around and saw marked improvement in this autogen, but put P3Dv4.5+ back on the shelf now for months actually because I was busy working with XP11.3+ and ortho installs.

Last few days I decided to continue "rebuilding" my P3D because there are planes and some features one can't get with XP11+.

I installed some SimAddons scenery and went flying and the sim performance was poorer than I expected or had before. My frames were not as expected IE 30 (set at unlimited) and major stutters.

I dreaded it but thought, perhaps I need to do some tweaks. I posted about this and my neighbour Bert helped me out with a few things.

So I then tried doing the simple, reduce the sliders adjustments...funny, I changed everything, I actually tried every single setting and kept reducing everthing, I gain maybe 5 frames but still massive stutters.

So I decide to move out to the bush and start up at North Bay Ontario. I take off, same plane, my frames are great, around 40 or so. As I turn over the city of North Bay I notice the nice autogen and massive stutters.

SUDDENLY, I reach into this old memory and remember that I last installed the HD Buildings...and I begin to wonder!

So I uninstall HD Buildings.

Now I gain about 20 frames in North Bay area, running at about 70-80 and so move back to home field Nanaimo...and presto, lower frames, but hovering around 30, 25-35 ish and absolutely no stutters.

So I move all my sliders back up to ultra including LOD and my frames drop back a bit but still 25 ish. and no stutters.

Can someone please advise me on this issue, I love the new HD buildings but it seems that they are affecting my sims smoothness and performance. Its rather obvious.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the autogen really supposed to affect frames per second?

Bryah

Hello,

I ran a few basic tests and I cannot replicate the problem.

I find that the difference in frame rate between the default and HD textures is minimal.

However, the difference in frame rate between Autogen and scenery draw distance

medium (64 fps unlimited) and extremely high (32 fps unlimited) is 100%

Archived