ORbx Central Disappears

acarter87

Simulator:  XP11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  When i Run the new Orbx central after a few minutes it disappears, almost like it closes BUT when i open task manager its still using resources and converting textures.

Its not in my system tray and I cant work out why its happening or where it goes. How do i get it back without restarting everything?

Hello,

if it is still in task manager, it is running in the system tray but not closed.

If you click on the "Show hidden icons" arrow at the right hand side of your task bar,

you should see its icon there.

There is a setting to allow you to either close it with the X or to

"minimise to system tray on close".

Untick that box if you want it to close with the X.

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if it is still in task manager, it is running in the system tray but not closed.

If you click on the "Show hidden icons" arrow at the right hand side of your task bar,

you should see its icon there.

There is a setting to allow you to either close it with the X or to

"minimise to system tray on close".

Untick that box if you want it to close with the X.

Thanks Nick. The program is a bit of mess quite frankly, now it crashes or cant find the simulator or connect to my disk, you name it it throws up an error.

Now I've got it to run it freezes on scanning the files, I have about 3GB of downloading left on Washington, I'm loathed to delete and start again with FTX to be honest, especially as FTX will want to install into a location I don't want my scenery, and may just head for a refund until Orbx can get this stupid program fixed

Hi!

We cannot troubleshoot this issue without your Central log file. Please see the thread below for a guide on where to find this.

3 hours ago, acarter87 said:

Do I now have to re download the whole package or will verifying the files fix this?

Verifying files will find any missing files and only download the ones that are missing.

Archived