Scenery.cfg file error could not find Scenery Area.0011 plus,plus,plus

After a Summer hiatus I was glad to get back to Flightsimming. I added the latest p3d v4.5 fix and started P3D. First thing that came up was the Scenery.cfg file error.

It could not find Scenery Area.001 local scenery directory: Scenery\world\scenery. I Looked at the specified folder and all files appeared to be there. I tried deleting the config file to rebuild the cfg file ad after that rebooted the computer started P3Dv4.5 but still no luck. I did not go with FTX Central yet being somewhat anxious about some of the difficulties that came to light. Perhaps that is the issue. 

I sure would appreciate some help with this problem.

Thank you.

Rolf

Hi Nick, all I did is that I added the recent Hotfix # 2 before turning P3Dv4.5. It worked fine  when I last used P3D a few months ago. It is still where it was then. There is one curiosity regarding FTX central v3.3.9.2 now asking me to find a simulator as reported in the FTX central forum. That apparently happened today without me doing anything I know to make that happen. Strange. All the files are still in Scenery/world/scenery

Hello,

in particular, the errors with the scenery library and the fact that FTX Central

l cannot find P3D suggest that it has been moved or that the registry entries

no longer point to where it actually is.

I would recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the P3D client only.

Then run P3D and the registry entries created should once again match where it is.

If so, FTX or Orbx Central will then find it.

Nick, once again you fixed my problems. All went well and all locations loaded with the exception of San Diego but that i will figure out myself.

Yous support is excellent and when I get back I am looking forward to the new changes. My thanks to Jack as well as pushing me to install ORBX Central.

Thank you both.

Rolf

Archived