TE Great Britain Configure roads

Jack Sawyer

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro

Simulator:  XP 11.35R2

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Road textures in Configure

Just updated Orbx Central and Great Britain Central.

All three Great Britain TE's have the same problem now.

When I go to Configure and select default roads, or transparent roads, none of them will stay selected.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Jack,

This is likely a symptom of the product originally being installed via FTX Central 3. Orbx Central has functionality in place when updating a product to first revert it to the products default settings, apply the update, then reapply the users settings.

These products when originally built for FTX Central 3 don't contain any default options within their control panel xml files so Orbx Central can't revert it to defaults before updating. This results the issue you're seeing.

The easiest fix to simply remove the control_panel.xml file from the product then perform a verify in Orbx Central. This will download the Orbx Central version of the control_panel.xml which should resolve the issue.

3 minutes ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi Jack,

This is likely a symptom of the product originally being installed via FTX Central 3. Orbx Central has functionality in place when updating a product to first revert it to the products default settings, apply the update, then reapply the users settings.

These products when originally built for FTX Central 3 don't contain any default options within their control panel xml files so Orbx Central can't revert it to defaults before updating. This results the issue you're seeing.

The easiest fix to simply remove the control_panel.xml file from the product then perform a verify in Orbx Central. This will download the Orbx Central version of the control_panel.xml which should resolve the issue.

Thanks Josh but there’s only one problem. It wasn’t installed using the old FTX Central.  I can’t say more publicly because I’m not sure if it’s allowed yet.

But I can try your advice about deleting the file. 

And this is all three Great Britain products doing the same thing.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Jack,

Was this installed via Orbx Central Closed Beta by chance? It's also possible the defaults functionality wasn't in place at the time.

In addition to deleting the control_panel.xml file can you also delete the roads, roads_x and roads_t  directories before verifying in case the product has fallen into a state the control panel can't easily recover from.

5 minutes ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi Jack,

Was this installed via Orbx Central Closed Beta by chance? It's also possible the defaults functionality wasn't in place at the time.

In addition to deleting the control_panel.xml file can you also delete the roads, roads_x and roads_t  directories before verifying in case the product has fallen into a state the control panel can't easily recover from.

Yes sir it was.  Can you give me paths to all these referenced files?  Many thanks Josh.

Guest Josh Koz

The paths to these folders are: 

Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay\roads\
Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay\roads_x\
Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay\roads_t\

2 minutes ago, Josh Koz said:

Much obliged.  Will do this later tonight and let you know.

3 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi Josh, this worked perfectly.  I did exactly as you described and now all three will remain ticked on Default Roads.  I very much appreciate your help!

Archived