Scenery Ordering - What is the expected result of using the Insertion Point

gsnde

Operating system:  Win10

Simulator:  P3Dv45

Screenshot:  n/a

Issue:  

My understanding of the concept of using the insertion point is:

OrbX Airports and Regions:

You select one entry from the offered list. This selection is applied and confirmed by OrbX Central. Now all OrbX Regional and Airport entries (see next point as the one exception) are supposed to be listed and loaded below the scenery. More precise: If I look in P3D's Scenery Library, I should see all OrbX related entries in one bunch below thee selected seceneery.

OrbX Global openLC:

Here the predefined setting "OrbX Airports and Regions" will cause all openLC products to be listed below the last entry of he previous category.

Question1: Is it right to expect all OrbX products to be listed in one bunch one after the other (maybe with the exception of Vector)? More precise: You would not expect to see any OrbX layer on top of the list above all others if you have used a correct layer for cateegory 1?

Actuall not. I have one thread open with my issue. The two other questions I have seeperated because it is basic information relevant for everybody.

And from experience combining too many questions lead to uncomplete answers. :-)

Hello,

your other topic is clearly showing two Orbx entries at the top of the scenery library.

The others are as you would expect, below the Insertion Point.

This question appears to be asking if the two at the top should be there,

Question1: Is it right to expect all OrbX products to be listed in one bunch one after the other (maybe with the exception of Vector)? More precise: You would not expect to see any OrbX layer on top of the list above all others if you have used a correct layer for cateegory 1?

as does the other topic.

What is the additional question that you are asking in this topic please?

I seems this question irritates you, Nick.

I don't want to argue about why I find it right to ask this question seperated from the otheer one.

I only want to understand if OrbX Central is failing or if I am doing things wrong.

Please close / delete this question if it is causing bad blood.

Nick,

Sorry, I was not trying to block you.

OrbX Central is a completely new animal, I have no clue if what was right in the past is correct today.

For that reason I have opened two basic questions (this one here and the one about the Option Advanced Layering) where I hope to receive an answer in the sense of:

• This is the truth, this is how it is supposed to be, if it is not like this then something is wrong.

The answers might be helpful for everybody asking the same questions, without having to read through some lengthy error reports and trying to find solutions there.

The other thread you are reffering to is supposed to provide all possible information from my system, including what I think is correct or is wrong. My gut feeling says that either OrbX Central or I am doing some things consequently wrong. I have no clue which one is it, and I am trying to provide all information that could help to clarify this.

Archived