An error occurred while trying to synchronize with your simulator

David Vega

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Saw the subject error message while installing Orbx Central.  I was trying to create a library.  The only choice I had was to exit the program.  Afterwards Orbx appeared to be installed, but I get the same error when I try to delete a library.  

error.JPG

central.log

Hello,

I based my assumption on this:

2019-09-18T19:25:35.328Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Synchronizing p3dv4 (C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)
2019-09-18T19:25:35.361Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Mutator loaded 3 configuration files
2019-09-18T19:25:35.362Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Mutation time: 00:00:00.0003636
2019-09-18T19:25:35.375Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Beginning scenery configuration rebuild.
2019-09-18T19:25:35.483Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ)!
2019-09-18T19:25:35.483Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_FixedAPT (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT)!
2019-09-18T19:25:35.483Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_EXX (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX)!
2019-09-18T19:25:35.483Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_CVX (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX)!
2019-09-18T19:25:35.483Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\AFRI) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_APT (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT)!
2019-09-18T19:25:35.483Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [WARNING] Rule target (Scenery\0000) not found for entry ORBX!VECTOR_AEC (ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC)!
2019-09-18T19:25:35.485Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Unable to rebuild scenery configuration.

Can you delete your log file and then ask Orbx Central to do the same again.

Then attach the new log file please?

Thanks.

Nick,

Here's the fresh central.log.  This is after removing scenery.cfg and having P3D create a new one.  Started Orbx Central and tried to delete a library.  Got the same error message.  

BTW, P3D shows the attached on startup after starting with the new scenery.cfg. Don't know if this is relevant but haven't seen before deleting the old scenery.cfg.  

scenery.cfg.error.JPG

central.log

Search results show a scenery.cfg file at the following locations:  

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\prepar3dv4

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

C:\Users\dave_\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

C:\Users\dave_\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\backup

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\fsx

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

C:\Users\dave_\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Regards,

Dave

Hello,

can you try temporarily removing the scenery.cfg files at:

You do not need scenery.cfg files in the

AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder.

Did you put them there?

Thank you Nick. 

1. Backed up the scenery.cfg files at:

2. Ran P3D.  Took a while to come up generating scenery indexes.  

3. Was able to delete a library on Orbx Central -- no errors.  :D

All seems to be working now.  I see the scenery.cfg at C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\prepar3dv4 was recreated, but nothing on the other two folders.  I have no idea why there was a scenery.cfg in the AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder folder.  Here's the central.log, but I see no errors.  Fingers crossed everything else will work as before.  

Again, thank you Nick.  

Best

Dave

central.log

Thanks Dave.

I had asked the Orbx Direct team to modify Orbx Central so that it does not look for the

spurious scenery.cfg files, this is being done and should be in one of the coming updates.

I am told that this is what the SDK states but frankly I think this part of the SDK is just a

copy and paste from FSX, which does have a default scenery.cfg file in its appdata folder.

P3D v4 does not.

I do wonder how scenery.cfg files come to be in AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4,

I have never seen one in my installation.

Guest Josh Koz

Just to follow this up, the next update or Orbx Central will only search for the scenery.cfg file within %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Archived