Incomplete Downloads Bug

ve2dgz

Operating system:  Win10 x64 1809 build 17763.737

Simulator:  FSX, FSXSE, XP11, P3DV3.4, P3Dv4.5hf

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Incomplete downloads. Downloads will stop constantly before the end.

This morning I downloaded

Open LC South America and Germany South.

In both cases, downloads were stopped before the end.

No way to revive them: close download and re-install didn<t work.

I have had this irritating problem since I switched to Orbx Central.

Seems to be related to big downloads 600mg or more.

The only fix is to stop the download close and re-start Central, then the download continues till the end

note: clearing the Orbx temp folder does not solve the problem

the Central log will show you the 2 downloads mentioned here.

Cheers,

Pierre

central.log

Hi Pierre,

Does this happen for all large products you install with Orbx Central? Would there be anything that could interrupt your internet connection?

We've seen this issue before and we're investigating potential causes. As you've pointed out, restarting Orbx Central will resume the download and therefore it appears to be an issue somewhere in our handling of pending downloads.

Hello Mitchell

I can report the same in my P3D

Yesterday when I flew in my country I saw some night textures ( I know there has been a recent update) and I know they get get fixed by installing LC NA.

I run the verify tool and it doesn't get fixed ( this has happened twice in time)

The only way to fix it is by uninstalling and reinstalling OLC NA

So I did and it took more than 8 hrs to install the LC and at the end it say 100% and nothing.. so I closed Central and open it again and then said product insalled

(PS terrain looks better than ever)

Bought Honolulu and downloaded fast but same thing stuck at the very end. Had to close Central and open again for it to finish. It even seems to have finished downloading everything as there seems not to be any movement in the bar/count down but it doesn't end unless you pause it then close then open

Regards,

Carlos

28 minutes ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Pierre,

Does this happen for all large products you install with Orbx Central? Would there be anything that could interrupt your internet connection?

We've seen this issue before and we're investigating potential causes. As you've pointed out, restarting Orbx Central will resume the download and therefore it appears to be an issue somewhere in our handling of pending downloads.

Yes it does happen for all large products.

Right after my post, I had to download Germany North, the download stopped at 97%...

And I made sure that nothing else was active on my PC.

I have a 34 mb/s link and the download speeds are very good till they hang..

Hope you find the culprit Mitch.

Cheers,

Pierre

Archived