Hope

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

What a nice name for an airfield. And how good it looks...! I just did a flight from Vancouver Int to this airfield and I could have taken 200 screenshots a long the way, but I couldn't decide what to take a screenshot off because everything looks so awesome... So in the end I only took this one of Hope. Flying into that valley was stunning. It reminded me of Norway btw, which is nice. ;) Flying above PNW almost becomes some sort of emotional thing: it just looks so good I could almost cry...! 8)

Posted Image

Talking about Hope... For those who are struggling with performance, there is hope to be found in the BufferPools=0 tweak... (I also posted this on Avsim but would like to share this HOPEful post here too ;) hope you don't mind some partial copy and paste). I have flown with that setting (and TBM at 120) a few days now and things are looking better than ever before. I solely fly above PNW: fps is a constant 25 (my max with the limiter) above rural area's and bush, above huge cities it drops to 19 or so, which is okay if you do not look around too much (TrackIR here!). But even when you do, all is okay when you keep the view steady. But as I said earlier, I usually fly above the bush etc. it's absolutely amazing...!

And o yes, quite important: I have autogen at Extremely dense. And no autogen tweaks at all! My scenery settings are all completely to the right, except Mesh res at 2 m and Water at High 2.x (so both just one notch to the left). I said it before and I'll say it again: it's absolutely amazing how good it all looks and performs on my i7 920@3.3 (stock cooler), GTX285 (driver 196.21) and 6 Gb RAM (rather slow ram btw). I truly am in FS-heaven right now!

Bufferpools=0????

TBM???

Please share some more detail if you'd be so kind.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Go enjoy the 14 pagew + thread on AVSIM.

Seriously, this is the new "uncharted and experimenting" trend in FSX. Put it this way, a bunch of ingenious (some less) FSX users trying to punch the limit of the fsx engine, with today's hardware.

Guest J van E

Bufferpools=0????

TBM???

Please share some more detail if you'd be so kind.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Go enjoy the 14 pagew + thread on AVSIM.

Seriously, this is the new "uncharted and experimenting" trend in FSX. Put it this way, a bunch of ingenious (some less) FSX users trying to punch the limit of the fsx engine, with today's hardware.

Let's indeed not get that starting here (all over again). ;D The topic HercFan referred to is here:

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=275328

And how good it looks...!

It looks very good. I landed there on my first cross country flight. I landed at dusk, after crossing the mountains to the south, and descending into the valley. Ineteresting approach.

Cheer, Rob.

PS, I wish I had your hardware. (PC wise ;D)

Thanks J and E for the tip on Hope.  I immediately took the Tiger Moth up for a look.  Made one touch and go, cruised over the golf course and landed.  I got a convenient tie-down and bummed a ride into town with a mechanic.  Got a couple of cups of Joe and ended up bringing four of the town folks back with me just to see Anthony's new Tiger Moth.  It fit in nicely with the locals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

RayM

I remember driving past Hope airfield on my first trip along the mighty Fraser River many years ago.  It was one of the most beautiful little grass strips that you could imagine, set in this majestic and awesome river valley with the most magnificent hills surrounding.

This makes me even more impatient for the DVDs to turn up.

Guest J van E

Real a great shot, J van E.

That's my new FSX Startscreen now... :)

Nice! :)

Do you use Water Configurator, and if so, could your share your settings?

No, I don't. I did give it a try but I always went back to FSX defaults... Well, as far as I can remember I did select FSX default before uninstalling that Water Configurator... ;) I tried a lot of different things back then, also with REX and FEX. But afaik ;D this is pure PNW water with the FEX Orbx Calm water animation. The sky in this picture (also important for how the water looks) was REX Reality, but right now I switched to REX New blue, because it makes everything look sunnier.

Archived