Cant Reinstall CENTRAL v4 after unistall it all.

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  windows 7

Simulator:  P3dv4

Issue:  Installation freeze, get stuck. Does not work. AV Is off

read all the steps.

I install for the first time Ok. but when i saw that new central offers install the addons in other hard drive i Unistalled all my orbx addons. After that i erase the entries of the scenery CFG.

Ok. So install again global base pack (surprise surprise) this addone needs to be inside the sim root. Ok installed. After that i didnt see any scenery index entries on the P3DV4 Scenery tab. any of that. So this was so extrange. I press sync sim button on central and continue with all other installations. open LC europe north america etc Vector and my aiports. After that, all that addons where correclty installed but still didnt see any entriees of global base pack on the scenery tab of the simulator. So ok. im going to revise files. after that process still no entries. So okey im going to uninstall it and re-donwload and install. But surprise surprise, there was no option of unisntall it from central. So options of configure was ok. options of guide was oky revise files was ok but no uninstall button available. So i proceed to uninstall all my addons again via ftx central except that global that i cant. Ok. after that i install FTXcentral 3 a unistall global. Ok after that i try erase all ORBX files and folders. including those on appdata/roaming ""/temp and appdata/local all orbx folders that i found there. Ok restart computer. Try to start tfrom the beginin. i preffer this time to downlad manually Global base pack. i redownload the central installer. Start the CENTRAL INSTALLATION and im stuck there. The instaltion does not complete it takes hous and hous the greenbar does not get full. So im desperate.

Screenshot:  orbx.thumb.jpg.c10624b74ad2b44f3ec5d677ba171511.jpg

SOLVED. AFTER SYSTEM RESTORE POINT APPLY INSTALLER WORKED AGAIN.

My main question now.  after install ORBX GLOBAL BASE PACK what scenery index i have to check? or theres no scenery index. I mean for example in the scenery tab i see for example aerosoft Frankfurt professional, madrid professional LEAM PILOTS aiport Leam pilots terrain. etc

So whic are the name and paths i shoud read there? just to verify it is correct installed. and if again see i cant unistall global, what should i do?

other question is. Do you recommend me install it via manually download?

Hello,

as things stand, the Orbx Global Base files must still be installed into the simulator, or there will be anomalies.

Orbx Global Base replaces default simulator files, so it cannot be uninstalled because the simulator will not work at all with its core files removed.

This is why there is no uninstall tab in Orbx Central for Orbx Global Base.

The FTX Central uninstaller does not remove the files, only the notification to FTX Central that Orbx Global Base is installed.

Also as things stand, it would be better to install any Open LC products into the simulator.

If products are installed into the simulator, you should expect to see entries in the in-game scenery library that are derived from the scenery.cfg file.

If products are installed outside the simulator, you should expect to see entries in the in-game scenery library that are derived from the add-ons.cfg file.

These will appear in the in-game scenery library but you will not be able to manage them there.

Some will appear in the in-game add-ons menu and you will be able to tick or untick them but do nothing else.

This is nothing to do with Orbx, it is how Lockheed Martin have decided that things should be done.

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as things stand, the Orbx Global Base files must still be installed into the simulator, or there will be anomalies.

Orbx Global Base replaces default simulator files, so it cannot be uninstalled because the simulator will not work at all with its core files removed.

This is why there is no uninstall tab in Orbx Central for Orbx Global Base.

The FTX Central uninstaller does not remove the files, only the notification to FTX Central that Orbx Global Base is installed.

Also as things stand, it would be better to install any Open LC products into the simulator.

If products are installed into the simulator, you should expect to see entries in the in-game scenery library that are derived from the scenery.cfg file.

If products are installed outside the simulator, you should expect to see entries in the in-game scenery library that are derived from the add-ons.cfg file.

These will appear in the in-game scenery library but you will not be able to manage them there.

Some will appear in the in-game add-ons menu and you will be able to tick or untick them but do nothing else.

This is nothing to do with Orbx, it is how Lockheed Martin have decided that things should be done.

Thanks for the answer what exactly should I see in scenery library for the sim after just and only instal global base pack.?

its better to do de manually download or download via central.

best wishes 

Archived