roads

wain71

Transparent for me, but default looks better when the ortho image is fuzzy underneath, especially in towns and cities. Wish there was a magic button to change it on the fly. First world problem, though! No biggie.

Xplanes default roads work well with the default scenery but are too chunky on orthos  and don't sit well

problem is because of the consistency  the size (too wide) is wrong on most if not all  roads 

also some of the rendering is chaotic and looks bad

if only they could be made narrower (something for the Xplane forum guys I think)

on the other hand 

Ture Earth UK has a lot of inconsistences in the colour (that awful green tinge on roads and other areas (check out the white lion  on the chalk hillside at Whipsnade zoo should be white not be green) and blueish fields and as stated that fuzziness) 

I have come across areas that look really good with near correct colour but far to many that are not

its a real shame and stops this product from being truly outstanding and not so great for flying VFR as it could be 

I much prefer no default roads but find the greenish, blueish and fuzziness really really annoying and for me it is a biggie

6 hours ago, sol404 said:

Xplanes default roads work well with the default scenery but are too chunky on orthos  and don't sit well

problem is because of the consistency  the size (too wide) is wrong on most if not all  roads 

also some of the rendering is chaotic and looks bad

if only they could be made narrower (something for the Xplane forum guys I think)

on the other hand 

Ture Earth UK has a lot of inconsistences in the colour (that awful green tinge on roads and other areas (check out the white lion  on the chalk hillside at Whipsnade zoo should be white not be green) and blueish fields and as stated that fuzziness) 

I have come across areas that look really good with near correct colour but far to many that are not

its a real shame and stops this product from being truly outstanding and not so great for flying VFR as it could be 

I much prefer no default roads but find the greenish, blueish and fuzziness really really annoying and for me it is a biggie

Yes I agree with these points, however an additional point that really bugs me is when roads are shown with impossible slopes (across the road) please see the attached picture showing the A4 running along the Avon Gorge, to see what I mean. This looks dreadful and certainly does not increase the immersion level, even though the street lights are still vertical! Surely the mesh could be made to detect the default roads and keep them level.

Of cause it should also be said that sloping roads look so bad simply because the rest of the scenery looks so good and this is why the anomaly stands out so much.

1909051231_SlopesontheA4.thumb.jpg.4869f34d42b5c504a8af4c5df8c563f1.jpg

Also please note the non-existent lower bridge under the Clifton Suspension Bridge, which hopefully will be removed in the next update.

Archived