wain71

Hello,

Washington SD has been released.

If you click on it, as you must have done to see the red banner, it states that you cannot install it

unless you first uninstall the HD version.

If you do not click on Washington SD, you will not see the banner.

It is a new option for you, it has no effect at all on Washington (HD) which you already own.

If you do not want to take advantage of it, then please do not.

Hi Nick

I clicked on what I have installed and the banner was there.....has SD replaced what I originally purchased or is this an upgrade?  I have SD for Oragan and I am happy with that.....when I bought Washington there was no HD/SD so this is what I am confused by, which do I own or is there a third choice called just Washington? I am just trying to clear up what I actually own and need to install...

Appreciate any guidance here..

Wayne

Hello,

here are some images to illustrate the point.

This is what you are now seeing.

The additional Washington SD product is a new release, a few minutes ago and because you own Washington,

now to be known as Washington HD, you have access to the new product free of charge.

1.jpg

This is Washington (HD) as installed on your PC.

You will see that nothing has changed.

2.jpg

This is what you see if, as you do, you have already installed Washington and you click on Washington SD.

You cannot have both installed at the same time and the red banner is telling you that.

3.jpg

You now have the option, if you wanted to take advantage of it, of a Standard Definition version

instead of a High Definition version.

To keep your Washington product as it is you need to do nothing at all.

If you do not wish to see the red banner, do not click on Washington SD.

Hi

I've NEVER installed the HD version but now Orbx Central reports both versions as installed  because it wrongly assumes

that the SD version   should be named SD  when the real names of the folders are:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/

So when I select TrueEarth US Washington to uninstall Orbx Cental uninstalls the SD version that is the only version installed

I then selected the SD version to Install but the process does not proceed beyond 30% It reports Scanned 18833 of 62345 files 

In my xp11 volume I have 284 free GB and both temp and installation folder point to this volume

Please help me

Hello Guido,

Orbx Central appears to read the version text files and is uncaring as to the folder names.

I can take the Oregon HD text file for example and place it in any of the Orbx X Plane 11

scenery folders and then Orbx Central reports that it is installed when it is not.

If you are seeing both, the logical explanation is that somehow and somewhere you have

a spurious copy of the HD text file, version_us-oregon-hd-xp11.txt

19 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Guido,

Orbx Central appears to read the version text files and is uncaring as to the folder names.

I can take the Oregon HD text file for example and place it in any of the Orbx X Plane 11

scenery folders and then Orbx Central reports that it is installed when it is not.

If you are seeing both, the logical explanation is that somehow and somewhere you have

a spurious copy of the HD text file, version_us-oregon-hd-xp11.txt

I have the same problem but I have Washington HD installed since the first time and as Washington SD is listed, both of them are listed as installed. Will this be fixed automatic or can I do something on my own?

Regards,
Martin

Orbx_Central_WashingtonHD.JPG

Orbx_Washington_SD.JPG

Archived