ORBX Central can't find Aerofly FS 2 products

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 x64

Simulator:  Aerofly FS 2 DVD

Screenshot:  image.thumb.png.ebade0fba45d5380346a6bda8319b680.png

Issue:  

Hello I am having a problem  with the new ORBX CENTRAL 4.10, don't recognize my AFS 2 products. With FTX Central I had no problem. My AFS 2 is the DVD version.

central.log

May I ask you if your Orbx libraries are inside your AFS 2 install? Because for me that was and is a problem, I have the same. If the libraries are installed outside Orbx Central does find them. See my posts, I have got also a problem when I started with Orbx Central as an  "upgrade" to FTX Central. I didn't continu with Orbx Central because of this.

Maybe I have a different problem than you, but check for sure my posts.

Greetings,

MolrikE

Hello MolrikE, 

I  installed all my ORBX products for Aerofly FS 2 (DVD version) by FTX Central 3.

The installer created a folder outside the simulator named Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns, and a sub-folder named scenery where all the sceneries are copied.

When I uninstall FTX Central 3 and install the new ORBX Central 4.10, don't recognize my AFS 2 products.

Greetings,

Maverickjv

ORBX Cental AFS2 Install.jpg

Hello Maverickjv,

I checked my posts and I wrote this part earlier: "But than I thought that Orbx Central will be the future so I installed it once again. But I got same result (and now install of orbx_ftxnld is not changed by me!), the product is not shown in the Aerofly FS 2 simulator selection. That I don't get it! Why FTX Central can and Orbx Central not. Anyway I uninstalled Orbx Central and continu with FTX Central for some time."

So, our problem with Orbx Central AND Aerofly FS 2 DVD version is the same! And I didn't get a solution from the developers yet and I think I explained it very well to them!

I didn't continu with Orbx Central because what bothers me most is the outside install of Orbx products.

I think you can not get any profit at this moment with Orbx Central, a fix has to come from Orbx but when?...

What I also don't get is why this is not tested, I don't think we are the only users of Orbx / Aerofly FS 2 DVD (not Steam).

In my posts I complained and explained enough about my install so I like to read a reply from Orbx with a fixing solution.

Till that moment I don't buy any other Orbx products.

Buying is easy, but I am not very impressed by all those addons installs, not for X-Plane, not for Prepar3D and not for Aerofly FS 2.

I like the buy and fly experience from DCS World and modules etc. No problems, and certainly no scenery order problems or whatever "doesn't work anymore" stories.

By the way Maverickjv, do you like it that your Orbx products are outside of the Aerofly FS 2 install, I don't like that at all.

Why is it not just part of an addons folder INSIDE the Aerofly FS 2 install. Now FTX Central 3 installs everything OUTSIDE and the new "product manager" Orbx Central can not even find its own products anymore. It's a joke!

Greetings,

MolrikE

Hi MolrikE, 

I've been doing several tests, FTX Central 3 detects my AFS 2 Installation and my ORBX products owned, when I change to ORBX Central 4,  it detects my AFS 2 Installation but  it does not detect the products that I own, whether they are installed or not . I will continue testing in the next few days.

Greetings,

Maverickjv

Hello,

that is a little strange.

The files structure of the Steam version is identical and Orbx Central sees all the installed products.

As to the "Early Access" message, it looks like in the very large amount of copying and pasting that

must have been necessary to include all the 200+ product descriptions, some of the out of date text has been overlooked.

Apologies.

Hello Nick, thanks for your answer.

I've finally managed to fix it. The problem was a lost windows registry entry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\IPACS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\IPACS\Aerofly FS 2]
@=""
"InstallPath"="C:\\Aviones\\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator"

A few months ago I was testing with the Steam version of Aerofly FS 2, that create another entry in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IPACS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IPACS\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IPACS\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\Settings]
"Path"="C:\\Aviones\\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator"

I have deleted this last entry and replaced it with the first, now everything works correctly.

I hope you find it useful MolrikE.

Thanks for your time Nick.

ORBX Cental AFS2 Solved.jpg

On 9/1/2019 at 2:04 AM, Maverickjv said:

Hello Nick, thanks for your answer.

I've finally managed to fix it. The problem was a lost windows registry entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\IPACS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\IPACS\Aerofly FS 2]
@=""
"InstallPath"="C:\\Aviones\\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator"

A few months ago I was testing with the Steam version of Aerofly FS 2, that create another entry in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IPACS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IPACS\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IPACS\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\Settings]
"Path"="C:\\Aviones\\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator"

I have deleted this last entry and replaced it with the first, now everything works correctly.

I hope you find it useful MolrikE.

Indeed Maverickjv, Success!!

Many thanks for your solving!

The first windows registry entry was missing so I copied that part and edited the "InstallPath" for my correct one and added to my Windows Registry.

I deleted first the second entry but afterwards I added it again because Orbx Central was still working with it. So I ended with both entry in my Windows Registry.

Anyway, your first mentioned entry was necessary to let Orbx Central find my installed software for sure!

Thanks and a fine flying weekend Maverickjv!

Archived