Xplane crashes

Hey Orbx community,

I've recently brought TEGB South after trying the demo (which worked perfectly).  I have an issue that the sim runs for a few minutes and then crashes I get the screen which tells me to report the issue to laminar research. I've attached the logs and ini file. I've tried lowing my settings but this has not worked. I've verified the files and they are all in order. I'm using default xplane aircraft too.

Specs: i7 cpu 16gb RAM and Nvidia G Force GTX 950m.

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

1 hour ago, tokenbritishguy said:

Hey Orbx community,

I've recently brought TEGB South after trying the demo (which worked perfectly).  I have an issue that the sim runs for a few minutes and then crashes I get the screen which tells me to report the issue to laminar research. I've attached the logs and ini file. I've tried lowing my settings but this has not worked. I've verified the files and they are all in order. I'm using default xplane aircraft too.

Specs: i7 cpu 16gb RAM and Nvidia G Force GTX 950m.

scenery_packs.ini 2.16 kB · 2 downloads Log.txt 22.03 kB · 3 downloads

Looking at your PC specs I think that they are below the minimum requirements to run XP11 plus major graphics intense addons like TEGB South. Looking at your specs your CPU is at only 2.6Mz and your GTX970 M indicates your PC is a laptop. Your RAM meets minimum specs but not the rest of your hardware. I have never used the TEGB South Demo so I cannot comment as to what level of detail or coverage it gives of Southern England. Maybe @Nick Cooper could assist in that aspect?

The full blown TEGB South is very resource demanding in many areas and this may be why you are getting crashes. I am unable to see anything in your Log file to indicate any Errors that maybe causing a crash I have a couple of suggestions in mind but need to know what your XP settings are especially World Objects and also your graphics settings.  I also suggest disabling any plugins for test purposes. I have in the interim, rearranged your scenery_packs.ini into the best performance layering sequence according to basic XP hierarchy.

scenery_packs.ini

PS: Does XP crash everywhere in TEGB South or can you fly in a less detailed autogen area like a rural part? 

Archived