Scenery.CFG after install of Central V4.0.10

Ricere

Hello,

I had197 blank rows with no scenery data which also can be 'deleted' and is comprised of the same numbered scenery layers of FSX-SE which can't be deleted near the end of the 'priority numbers!' This is what happened after my ORBX installation of Central V4.0.10. I've attached as well the modified scenery.CFG. Can you take a look for me? My insertion point was below Africa for 'airports and regions' and 'top of the scenery library' for Global Open LC. I hope this helps you on your end.  Thanks.

Cheers,

Richard Rice

Scenery Library.png

scenery.cfg

Thanks much Nick, I just saw this and I'm downloading now to upload in my sim and will provided feedback to you hopefully within the next 15-25 minutes. That was a fast reply BTW!!!

Richard

Nick,

No joy! My issue is still the same. I was expecting to see my one of my add-on sceneries row taking up position '1' on my row count. Just in case, was there any adjustment I needed to do on my end with your product BEFORE I inserted your file into where it needed to go?

Richard Rice

Hello,

here is how the revised file looks in SCE.

1.jpg

Before you can see the same, you will need to replace your scenery.cfg file with this revised version.

If that is FSX disk edition, you need to replace C:\programdata\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

Okay,

I have FSX-SE as my platform and I have my insertion point BELOW my Addon  scenery, however, my picture is not at all like your example. The revised .CFG has been been uploaded as well.

Within FSX-SE: C:\Users\ricer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX + your updated .cfg file.

The correct path is, as I wrote, C:\programdata\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg .

You should not replace the scenery.cfg file in either appdata or in the FSX folder.

They are back ups and need to be default versions.

As you have found out, the simulator does not look at them.

I have attached a default scenery.cfg file for you.

Place one copy in C:\Users\ricer\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX  and let it overwrite.

Place one copy in your FSX folder and let it overwrite.

Then ensure that you have the copy of my revised file from post 2 and put it into

C:\programdata\Microsoft\FSX  and let it overwrite.

Scenery.CFG

Nick,

I'm back, but without good news.

Followed your last info to the letter and was given this to read: Flight Simulator cannot run without a valid scenery.cfg. Please uninstall and re-install FSX-SE. Heck of a day!

Richard

I'm back up...had to do a little manipulation but FSX-SE is running again. When I copy and paste the 115KB file in the directory folder you specified then start FSX, it crashes. I take it out replace it with the 11KB file, it runs!!!

Nick,

What is the order of battle for this 'newer' scenery.CFG...what directories shall I place it in? The only item that comes to mind is the 115KB file from yesterday and the directories in which that file were placed. Is it the same for your 57.29kB file?

I show 2248Z on my end. Sleep well!

Richard

Archived