PBR in sceneries

dominique

We start to see an extensive use of PBR not only on aircraft fuselage but also  in sceneries on ground texture. Renault's lovely set of pics (Its been that kind of a day ..) is a good example of it (asphalt and brick pavement). 

For me, it is over the top. I don't see in real life anything like that. It reminds me of early Technicolor movies, deep blue ocean,  deep green lush palm trees etc. Attractive to the eyes but not realistic. 

Scenery developers should be cautious when using PBR. It is like salt. It enhances the flavour of the food but too much makes the food unsavoury.

My 2 cents.

15 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Personally, I think it looks fantastic, scenery devs go the distance to enhance the product for the customer, all Sims and or Games are going in this direction. It would be a shame to be left behind. 

You  make it as my remark was against devs. which it was not ! I appreciate the work they do but, as a customer (to use your word)I think they should use caution with PBR. Nobody said anything about not using it or to be left behind ! 

Fantastic doesn't belong to my vocabulary, sorry, ! Convincing, immersive do. 

Archived